Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One man tent - Mil-Tec Recon

On the subject of foot spas, after a day's hiking, when back at camp, has anyone else used a collapsible bowl to soak your feet in, or that just me being a bit of an tart?
    Ansum La

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    As we drift massively off topic, I must profess to being a huge fan of Osprey packs. I'm 99% certain that my next pack will be another Osprey.

Martin
    I have the Osprey Exos 46 and I love the thing. Deffinately a good choice.

Back on the tents, I do like the Banshee 200 and its a damned good sturdy tent but limited on the space so I would choose something like the mini peak II if I was still a ground dweller, may even be tempted for the odd occassion that I need to bed down on the floor.

Just found this thread after buying a Mil Tec one man tent. I got it via Amazon just last week. I,ve not been out yet but we are planning a weekender back end of Feb so will take it out with me then and post a review. First impression is its heavier and larger than i expected weighing in at just over 2 1/2 kilos but will fit inside my rucksack easy enough. I set it up in the garage and took about10 mins to do so and probably get faster as i get used to it. I'm six foot and found it quite spacious for me and a bit of kit but not the rucksack. It looks well made and I'm looking forward to trying it out. As i say ill let you know how i get on with a few pics too.
    ATB

Kev

I picked up a Gelert Solo for £25 of Amazon over Xmas, not had a chance to use it yet, as the weather has been seriously gash, but have the first week of April booked off work, so am hoping for a few days of reasonable weather to get out in.

Let me know how you get on with it. I did consider the Gelert as most reviews are good and its great on price for the amount of times i will probably use it. The main put off was the reviews over the size both length and height. I did want a low profile but the Gelert seemed just a little too low for my needs and the length probably would have been an issue.

We are hoping for a break in the weather too so hope you get out too.

Kev

All,

I've got a gelert solo and I love it - cracking piece of kit, I am however only 5'5 - anyone over this size will struggle, not for sleeping space but for storage. Trust me though, up in 5 minutes, (inner first which can have some disadvantages) and then in... from experience, take an extendable bivi pole with you, (or a stick), to make a porch and buy a RIGHT HANDED sleeping bag... if your zip is on the left you have to negotiate in to the tent and then into the bag, with the zip on the right you can do both together. Can't recommend this tent highly enough.

Iv got a tiger paw tent sitting in my garage doing nothing.

Gets great reviews, only used it once then discorvered the hammock.

Weighs around 1.5 kg and gas loads or room inside

Looking for £35

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    I have the Osprey Exos 46 and I love the thing. Deffinately a good choice.

Back on the tents, I do like the Banshee 200 and its a damned good sturdy tent but limited on the space so I would choose something like the mini peak II if I was still a ground dweller, may even be tempted for the odd occassion that I need to bed down on the floor.
    I've got the banshee 200 and was disappointed (selfishly I suppose) to see that not long after I purchased mine, they improved it by having the inner permanently hung in the outer so it could be erected in the rain without the inner getting wet. It looks like the frame/poles are external to the whole set up now, making a great tent even better. I recommended this tent before the improvements, I highly recommend it now!!
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!

Just a quick post to say I'm off out at the end of this month for a two nighter and will be taking my Mil tec for its first run out. I'll let you know how i get on.

Kev

posted in error
    Last edited by happybonzo; 09-06-2013 at 04:50 AM. Reason: posted in error
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/