Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Leatherman Quality

Leatherman Quality

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Leatherman Juice S2, orange; http://www.leatherman.com/product/Juice_S2 - my new EDC. I used to have the big Xe6, but found it too heavy and cumbersome
    Leather sheath for Leatherman Juice
    I've never been a fan of leathermans. I've had a couple in the past and the tips broke on both of them, several tools snapped off, and they didn't hold a decent edge
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Tribal Elder
    best multitool in your opinion crazysaint?

The multi tool I've been using for 6 years, without any trouble at all, is the Bahco multitool for £10.80 ish

http://www.uktoolcentre.co.uk/Shop/p...FZARfAodFB3Cvw

The case wasn't great, but I made a leather pouch for it. Mine was made in Sweden, but I've seen Bahco products made all over the place, including France and the US (they are controlled by Snap-on I believe).

The Phillips head screwdriver on my Leatherman Supertool 200 snapped off the other day. I have had it for 10 years...recon I will send it in and see if they will replace it. Can't afford one of those things anymore. But I see you have posted a more affordable option, so if not I will have to settle for that :-)

Else I have the Victorinix multi-tool, but it only has a serrated blade and I hate those...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Tribal Elder
    truth be told - the leatherman works for me because of the needlenose plyers. I'd probably happy with the bahco thing!

My first Leatherman was a Wave, which I found, many years ago, frozen solid in the ground of a driveway of a bed & breakfast I used to deliver newspapers to. I had to ask the owner of the B&B for a kettle of boiling water to thaw it out of the ground. It had been laying there for at least four months, since the B&B closed down for the winter. The owner of the B&B promised me that I could have the tool, if he could not find the owner. A few months passed - and one morning as he came out, to pick up the paper, he handed me the tool, he has not been able to find the owner. I brought the tool home, washed it, removed a few spots of rust and oiled it. Aside from the scissors, which retained a tendency to jam, the tool worked an looked like new. This tool served me for quite a few years, before I gave it to my father a few years ago - he still has it and uses it often.

My second Leatherman was another Wave, which served me faithfully as well - until I busted the wire cuttes by trying to cut a bed spring. I can't complain about that, bed springs are tough buggers to cut. I sold that tool to a friend of mine, who had no need for the wire cutters, He still uses it.

My third Leatherman was a Juice Xe6. The Juice line has received a lot of, imho. undeserved, bad press. I had my Juice for a few years as my EDC, but stopped carrying it every day, due to the weight and bulk of the tool. I recently sold it to another friend of mine, who gave it to his wife. It now resides in her purse

I have also owned a Leatherman Micra and a Leatherman Style CS. Handy little tools, but too small for my liking. Both have been gifted away to friends.

Currently I have a Leatherman Knifeless Fuse w. Bit Kit in a molle sheath residing in my backpack. I was initially quite skeptical about its metal/plastic handle construction. But so far, it has held up to a fair amount of abuse. I like the fact that it has a lockable saw instead of a knife, making it rather inoffensive to sheeple as well as legal for me to carry anywhere.

For some time I have been carrying a Victorinox Huntsman, on my belt, as my EDC – but today I have replaced it with a bright orange Leatherman Juice S2. I have been eying this one for quite a while – as far as I can gather; this is the perfect EDC for me. Time will show

I sell quite a lot of Leatherman tools at the store – and I handle costumer complaints. It is true that I have seen quite a few broken pliers and screwdrivers over the years. But – and this is my honest impression – 75-90% of these has been due to abuse! Considering this, I find it a strong testament of Leatherman’s customer service, that I have never had a broken tool returned unrepaired or exchanged for a new one. A few times, where the abuse has been highly evident, I have received a letter stating proper usage of the tool, to pass on to the customer – together with a brand new tool to give to the customer!
    Hands down, Leatherman has the best customer service I have ever experienced in my professional life. This is why I will always choose Leatherman tools over any other brand.

Sorry if it sounds like salesman’s talk – at least it is honest salesman’s talk

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    The multi tool I've been using for 6 years, without any trouble at all, is the Bahco multitool for £10.80 ish

http://www.uktoolcentre.co.uk/Shop/p...FZARfAodFB3Cvw

The case wasn't great, but I made a leather pouch for it. Mine was made in Sweden, but I've seen Bahco products made all over the place, including France and the US (they are controlled by Snap-on I believe).
    Heh, I just remembered; I actually have this tool too (my only non Leatherman multitool). I keep in our car as a back-up. It is probably the best tool for the money out there.

It's interesting to see people experience of the Letherman tools. Maybe it's because they make so many, that some are bound to be faulty, and I've been unfortunate enough to get the dud ones lol.

Like you say though, the Bahco is excellent value for money, and does everything I need a multi tool to do

If anyone is interested in a free Leatherman tool, I happen to leave one imbedded in the very top of an 8 meter telephone pole near the old Norwegian UN position 4 -8 DOG, a few kilometers from the village of Ebel El Saqi, in south Lebanon. Had to get down from the pole in hurry as we recieved a shelling warning...and I never got the opportunity to retreieve it...

Wonder if it's still there. This was in 1996 :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I think I'll pass on that one lol