Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Britain with Ray Mears

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar

Wild Britain with Ray Mears

This must have been the most poorly trailed show in history. I have checked the ITV website to find that the last programme in the series was shown last night, 8th November.

For those who subscribe to Sky tv, it will be shown as 1 hr programmes on a channel called Eden, sometime during 2011.

Disappointing that this was so poorly advertised as it would appear that this is a return to the type of shows I think show Ray Mears talents off to the best.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Its a nice wild-life orientated series, I haven't seen them all yet but I had my media-center record them all, I can do you a copy of the series on disc if you'd like Martin?
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Its a nice wild-life orientated series, I haven't seen them all yet but I had my media-center record them all, I can do you a copy of the series on disc if you'd like Martin?
    Errr, go on then. I'll swap you for the video's I burned off from our Dartmoor 10 item challenge today.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I wish we had more Ray on this side of the Atlantic, got to watch choppy episodes on Youtube-better than nothing though!

I, too, wish we got more of Ray over here. OKBushcraft, you can go to Veoh.com, type in Ray Mears, and watch a lot of his older stuff. ITV won't let us over here watch anything on their website. Go figure that one out.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    To be honest as much as I love Ray, this type of show has all been done before, and better, by other presenters..the series is not giving us anything new at all..I thik we need a new Bushcraft King as the original has gone astray..

Maybe one of use could become the next bushcraft king?

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Sage View Post
    Maybe one of use could become the next bushcraft king?
    Well, the post is vacant and Dave Canterbury got propelled to stardom all on the back of his you tube videos, so who knows who will soon be seated upon the vacant throne of the bushcraft kingdom!

anyone have any ideas on how I could see this in the USA? I searched you tube but only found an 18 second introduction.
    all help and information is appreciated!!
    be safe... Ted

try you tube ted ,as much as i love the wild britain series,there not as good as the others hes done the ones were he goes off to meet with other nomadic people etc,its like alot of things thou hes proberly made loads of money out out of all his shows but with that also comes celebrity status i mean good luck to him but hes also lost the of what the meaning of bushcraft is.PLEASE RAY DONT STOOP SO LOW AND UP IN IM A CELEBRITY GET ME OUT OF HERE (JUNGLE) LOL
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars