Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Britain with Ray Mears

I have searched YouTube for wild Britain with Ray Mears and not found any episodes except for an 18 second intro...

any other sources?
    thanks, Ted

Tribal Elder
    this one?

sorry, that's the wild foods series. not the new one, wild Britain.
    be safe... Ted

Ted, Ray's new series is not available in the US right now. Believe me, I've looked. You can catch some of his stuff through You Tube, there are a couple on Vimeo, and none on Hulu.

thanks jbrown! I have come to the same conclusion

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by TedPalmer View Post
    sorry, that's the wild foods series. not the new one, wild Britain.
    be safe... Ted
    ahhhh sorry dude

thanks for trying

Ray was on the Beeb this morning and the Eden is now starting to show this series as an extended one hour programme throughout today. I also noticed that his Canadian series is being repeated too.

I must confess to not being the biggest Ray fan.
    I do admire and respect him, but I find his 'in front of the camera' style, well...boring.
    But that doesn't detract from his skill, knowledge and ability. Certainly not criticising that.
    With the exception of his orginal Bushcraft TV series and Wild Food, I have found all his TV series to be dull. The 'World of Survival' and 'Extreme Survival' are just not my thing. And I am unutterably bored of hearing about Australian aborigines and African tribes - two of Ray's pet favourites.
    However.
    I have found the Wild Britain series to be truly inspiring. I have watched each episode so far and come away feeling excited and eager to get out there and looking at the wildlife we have.
    The only criticism is that it's half hour long. ITV clearly think their viewers are incapable of holding a train of thought and remaining interested. And, judging by their usual output, they may well be right. (A friend of mine, who is a psychiatric nurse, says the TVs in their common rooms are kept locked on ITV because the output is so anodyne and unstimulating it keeps the residents sedate)
    The episodes really need an hour, and no adverts. Keeping in mind opening credits, end credits and ad break, you barely have a 20 minute programme.
    And I don't have Sky etc, so can't get Eden (though experience has shown that most of the satellite channels hidden in the depths of satellite channels tend to have ad breaks every ten minutes, and quite long and hefty ones at that.
    Wild Britain, is potentially Ray's best series. For me. Just wish it was on for an hour and on BBC2. These two things let it down. But it's still the best thing on TV at the minute (that and University Challenge) and I come away from each episode with loads of enthusiasm and, because it's on a Friday night, determined to spend my weekend out.
    It gets the Freetime Thumbs Up from me. Bugger it, I'm feeling silly - it gets TWO Freetime Thumbs Ups!
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Hobo
    I like the fact that in all the different survival shows everyones individual style shines through.
    Ray's got this real casual attitude everything, and whenever he cooks it'll be a slap-up with pan bread and everything.
    Bear seems to be always on a hype running round like a mad one stuffing bugs and crawlies down his guilty with indiscriminate abandon. Still go to know what's edible when TSHTF.
    A dull mind in a man is like a dull edge on a blade... useless.