Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my first attempt at DD hammock n tarp.

Trapper
    Oh forgot to mention, dont forget your ridge line when packing up. I never did........ok,ok i did, i got to the van then realised id left it tied up still. Went back and discovered a couple of walkers looking up at it in awe as to wether it was some sort of sex swing for breeding squirells, or tightrope act. Anyhow it taught (excuse the pun) to be more vigilant in future as regards the line. Mac
    There are no strangers, just friends I have not met

Far better than my first attempt! It involved the hammock breaking me rolling doown a hill and waking up to not know where the heck I was!

Good luck on your next attempt.

Tribal Elder
    Great vid mac!!! i have the same set up and always found it more than adequate!! looks to me you'll soon be getting your daughter one lol i know my lads love mine!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Quote Originally Posted by m0txr View Post
    Oh forgot to mention, dont forget your ridge line when packing up. I never did........ok,ok i did, i got to the van then realised id left it tied up still. Went back and discovered a couple of walkers looking up at it in awe as to wether it was some sort of sex swing for breeding squirells, or tightrope act. Anyhow it taught (excuse the pun) to be more vigilant in future as regards the line. Mac
    Hi there
    Glad you're enjoying your new kit.. I have a similar set up and have forgotten my ridgeline on a couple of occasions when setting it up like you did. I now use the tarp set up in this link : http://www.louisecainphotography.co....nd_hammock.pdf I find it quicker and easier to set up and it packs away smaller.
    I find also if you hank the corner guys on each side together, instead of individually it is easier to fold....
    cheers
    Gareth

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by garethw View Post
    Hi there
    Glad you're enjoying your new kit.. I have a similar set up and have forgotten my ridgeline on a couple of occasions when setting it up like you did. I now use the tarp set up in this link : http://www.louisecainphotography.co....nd_hammock.pdf I find it quicker and easier to set up and it packs away smaller.
    I find also if you hank the corner guys on each side together, instead of individually it is easier to fold....
    cheers

Gareth
    Great instructional link!!!!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Trapper
    Yeah, thanks for that great link.Mac
    There are no strangers, just friends I have not met

Cool link but t doesnt all seem to load for me I'm going to keep trying tho
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses