Thread: cutting a tree with mora!

cutting a tree with mora!

Found this awesome video check it out
    All your base, are belong to us!!!

Blinkin Blimey!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Albert Einstein

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    lol.. wow! I've not seen that second method! Thanks for sharing. Obviously the second method isn't recommended & it's a lot more damaging to your knife (if it has a flaw in the steel it'll break), but still these tips'n'tricks are worth knowing if you had to.

The first method I use regularly on saplings, but it's worth noting that style of cut leaves the tree open to infection & won't stimulate growth back there so it's worth cleaning up the cut afterwards.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Not a great way to treat your knife, especially if you are in a situation where you are depending on it, but it shows what these babies are capable off..why does anybody use anything else?????

I reckon if you need to try cutting down a tree with your knife, you are going to need to keep your knife intact even more…Still a cool trick if you have a box-full of Moras to play with

NW

Oooh! That poor poor knife.... This i why I never let anyone borrow my knives

The first technique is quite brilliant, I remember having seen my dad use it a few times, but I had actually forgotten about it.

The second, though seemingly effective, is imho. not a way to treat ones trusted knife. It may be ok for the highly unlikely "if I do not get this tree down right now, I/someone else, will die/get hurt badly" kind of situation. For any other situation; go get an axe, machette, saw or leuku

Ouch that looks hard on that knife!