Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: forestry commission bushcraft events

Hi Karina I'd definitely be interested in more info on the events you organise and like Ben, would appreciate any info, or nudges toward other rangers who may have info, about forestry events in other areas. I'll PM you my email address.

Oh and Welcome to the forum
    Ansum La

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    These 'courses' aren't cheap though, are they?

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    These 'courses' aren't cheap though, are they?

Martin
    Yep just had a look and fair to say it's not something I would pay that much for !

I was very enthusiastic about Karina's post when I read it this morning but when I looked at the web site and saw the prices quoted I was very surprised. Looks like it may be attractive to some with very deep pockets but too rich for me I'm afraid.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi there,

Just thought I should point out that the prices on the web page for a private booking are for a group of up to 15 people - I realise now that this isn't that clear. Sorry about that. £195 for a day of activities split between 15 people is £13 each for a day - hopefully affordable for lots of people.

Our public events are £12.50 for a day event or £45 for an overnight stay - this includes dinner and breakfast.

Thanks for pointing out that it isn't that clear - I'll get it sorted ASAP.

Cheers,

Karina

Quote Originally Posted by Karina Thornton View Post
    Hi there,

Just thought I should point out that the prices on the web page for a private booking are for a group of up to 15 people - I realise now that this isn't that clear. Sorry about that. £195 for a day of activities split between 15 people is £13 each for a day - hopefully affordable for lots of people.

Our public events are £12.50 for a day event or £45 for an overnight stay - this includes dinner and breakfast.

Thanks for pointing out that it isn't that clear - I'll get it sorted ASAP.

Cheers,

Karina
    That's far clearer Karina, thanks for clearing that up. I wonder if there could be any discount for Natural Bushcraft members??

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    That's far clearer Karina, thanks for clearing that up. I wonder if there could be any discount for Natural Bushcraft members??

Martin
    Cheeky, but I like your thinking
    Ansum La

LOL Never know unless you ask

Cheers
    AL

I'm sure that something can be done for NBC members. After all, there are 1,000s of us out there with a passion for woodland in general and bushcraft in particular. Or, should that be the other way round?

Martin

Putting my serious hat on for a moment, and putting aside any potential discounting; this could be an excellent opportunity for folks who enjoy the outdoors, to nurture a good relationship with people who work for an organisation that manages a lot of outdoor spaces. And a positive relationship between us, may have a positive baring on any future discussions regarding access to land for responsible wild camping.

Or not.

Discounts are always good
    Ansum La