Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: forestry commission bushcraft events

Alone in the Wilderness

forestry commission bushcraft events

HI Guys i just thought you might like to know that the forestry commission is doing some bushcraft events me and my son have just been to a day at sherwood pines for a tenner each and i know they plan a weekend in june for forty five a head which is a dam site cheaper then some places and great for newbies like me and my son as they start off nice and easy and are very famliy friendly.

any way guys thanks for this great site and maybe i see some of you on the 2nd June

Hi have you got a link or anything for where it might be advertised that would be cool?
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/newsrele....2578ED004F2005

Try the above.Looks like the dog dodas.
    A bad day on the hills is better than a good day in work any time.

Remember pain is only weakness leaving the body.

Quote Originally Posted by andy202wr View Post
    http://www.forestry.gov.uk/newsrele....2578ED004F2005
    Try the above.Looks like the dog dodas.
    Cheers I'm of there now

Shame it is only a one nighter but in Sherwood so I will try and book it in the morning

Almost there with the permissions for Sherwood myself...just one gamekeeper to impress and we are on
    [

I will have to try it another time as Ken pointed out to me it is on at the same time as the Wilderness Gathering and I'm hoping to get there to meet up with him and anyone else who goes.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Looks interesting

Alone in the Wilderness
    Quote Originally Posted by Aze View Post
    HI Guys i just thought you might like to know that the forestry commission is doing some bushcraft events me and my son have just been to a day at sherwood pines for a tenner each and i know they plan a weekend in june for forty five a head which is a dam site cheaper then some places and great for newbies like me and my son as they start off nice and easy and are very famliy friendly.

any way guys thanks for this great site and maybe i see some of you on the 2nd June

Hi there everyone.

I'm the ranger at Sherwood Pines who runs the Sherwood Bushcraft programme. Aze - I'm glad you and your son had a good time.

Just so you all know I have just planned the next lot of family events and they should be appearing on the website soon at http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/f...ue/INFD-7T6GDQ - we have a few more day long events and one overnight for families. If these fill up I will look to running some more.

I'm also hoping to run an adult only overnight event as a skills sharing session - is this the sort of thing anyone would be interested in? If so let me know and I'll add you to the mailing list. You can email me directly at karina.thornton@forestry.gov.uk

You can also book bushcraft sessions for a private group - for more details have a look here http://www.forestry.gov.uk/sherwood-bushcraft

Hope to see some of you in the future,

Regards,
    Karina

Hi Karina it is great to read this thread I would be very interested in upcoming events and I will P.M you my email addy if thats okay Do you know if the other parts of the country are going to do something like this or is it up to each ranger to plan events in the forests taht they look after?

Anyway like I say I would be interested in any information and if possible how I could get my local commision to run something like this

Ben