Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all, newbie to the site.

Trapper

Hi all, newbie to the site.

Hi all, thought I'd best introduce myself and say hello. My name is Mac and I live in Lancashire, just to the north of Manchester.I live in a village named Little Lever on the outskirts of Bolton. I always had a love of the outdoors, camping, canoeing (when younger) , still enjoy hunting for food, not trophy. Deer, rabbit, game birds (that had a whole different meaning when younger too) , and basically anything else I can eat. I love campcraft/ bushcraft etc, and now teaching my sons the bit i know. Finding that i can still always learn more, and picking up great advice/ instruction shared on here. This is a brilliant site, and you got a member for life now. Anyhow thanks everyone, and hello. I was going list my kit to date, but thought better of it.lol. suffice to say i today purchased a DD traveller hammock so my bivi bag is on the shelf at minute. I will post pics/ video of me wrestling it trying to get in it. So with that I will shut up. Thanks for sharing skills etc everyone. Mac (m0txr my ham radio callsign)

Hi Mac to the forum.............DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS.............TONY.

Hi Mac
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Hi Mac,

Trapper
    YAYYYY!!!!! My DD hammock and stuff arrived this morning, I cannot wait to try it all out. They supply now on the 2012 traveller model 2 x small tent poles to fit across mozzy net, no need for a twig now (must of took onboard your suggestion Ashley) All in all Jan at DD hammocks kept me well informed every step of the way from purchase to delivery. I highly recommend them, great service. So as i said earlier in post i will take pics / video of my first attemps using the kit. My most pleasant darling wife (brownie points thingy in case she reads this) bought me a kuksa i think its called cup/small bowl, carved from one piece of wood it holds 300ml. Also she acquired a bushcraft axe for me as an early birthday prezzy. I hope you all having a great bank holiday weekend. Thanks for the welcome. Mac.
    Last edited by m0txr; 07-04-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Welcome to the madness Mac.

Jack
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Hi Mac, and welcome, good to see another Lancashire lad on board,

happy trails: keep the sun on your face, and the rain off your back...............

hello mate, Paul

Hello!

Hi There from me to
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses