Thread: World of Bushcraft bowdrill 1-2-1

World of Bushcraft bowdrill 1-2-1

I recently visited the excellent World of Bushcraft centre in Bedford (the retail and demo part of Woodland Ways) to have a two our 1-2-1 session with Jason Ingamells to pimp my bowdrilling action. The time just flew by and I came home buzzing. Rather than type loads out and faff about loading pics onto here I’ve included a link to my blog.
    http://austinlill.blogspot.co.uk/201...ill-1-2-1.html

If you are interested I’ve included a link in it to the 1-2-1 bit of their website. No connection, just a happy consumer and a noticeably improved Fire From Friction Fellowship member

If you go to visit via the M1 or A1(M) I've put a quick guide on this post to (hopefully) help http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...orld+bushcraft

Last edited by Mang; 15-01-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Added a link to another post

Very good,
    I can't think of anything more satisfying (from what I've tried) than lighting a fire with the bow and drill way, I've only ever tried it once and it took me about a month to crack it.
    It's a good skill to have and practice, also knowledge of what wood to use,
    Well done!
    P.s.
    Is that you in the picture? I do like that shirt you have on. Any info on it?
    Cheers
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

That's Jason Ingamells who I had the session with, I got so absorbed I rather overlooked pictures! I think the shirt is a Fjallraven IIRC and they sell them in the centre.

Fire by friction. It took me so long to actually do it. Very, very satisfying, a skill i would recommend to anyone too master.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.