Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stove review - Alocs Chinese 7 Piece Cooking Set

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    A good friend of mine from China has family out there & imports goods direct. I might have a word see if I can import a few of these 'cheaply' you never know till you try.. Anyway I was browsing the thread & will add my 2p worth on mini stoves. My 'spare' Brew Kit Trangia Spirit Burner with Universal Trivet - Titanium (got a few of these incl' pop can stoves) & NATO Mug with removable plastic lip guard. I bought these Teflon coated mugs 1990 prior to deployment Gulf War Op Gransby from Survival Aids UK Ltd Morland Penrith (Glasgow branch now closed). Bought 3 still own 2, this the spare never used, 1 with a mate Ex-HM Forces still in use today. I'm not sure if the plastic lip protectors are still in supply today, looking for spares, I could improvise as did with my other Enamel 'Tinnies' mugs. Images of the spare kit not used as yet, taken on storage room floor.
    Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	10496

Name:	Image 2.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	10497

Name:	Image 3.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	10498

Thanks for sharing David

I do like the Trangia burners. I have three of them, one being a copy, the second one is the original large type and the third is the same as the one above.

Where did you get the trivet mate.

Cheers Neil

that trivet looks like a really handy bit of kit!

You can make your own basic trivet from something like a can of spam, using just heavy duty scissors or you can buy them here

Universal Trivet - Stainless Steel £5.99

Universal Trivet - Titanium £9.99
    Ansum La

I have the Ti version and its very handy. But then I have lots of Ti stuff I find very handy, there must be a Kit Junkies Anonymous I can attend somewhere.

If you ever find out where that meeting is, let me know
    Ansum La

I think they would need one hell of a large hall for the meeting going by the "What have you bought now" thread.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Chubbs (Neil) the Trivet Titanium http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/ I bought a couple of these as spare 2 years ago. I had a few made similar specifically by a mate a while ago still in use. *WIP I was tinkering with a Lyle's Golden Syrup tin as a burner recently. Examining the tin I thought it very much resembled the original 'Tommy Cooker' alcohol jelly burner we used in the Forces, the Tommy Cooker had a screw on lid, slightly smaller in height, but still similar in other aspects. I'm in the process of stripping the logo off etc.. paint stripper back to the tin, buff it up. I pierced the original rim of the other tin 'experimenting' with my 'Jack knife marlin spike' the rims ideal BTW, filled with spirit & then alcohol jelly (alternative) burns quite well as a solid stove. Plus it has a pop on/off lid
    Regards
    David

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	10507

Lovely little kit,
    Previously known as Kieran, joined NBC in 2010, then lost my account details last year
    you must succeed mentally,
    http://www.ruralsurvival.co.uk/
    http://www.ruralsurvival.co.nz/