Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT - Something to always remember!

Exclamation IMPORTANT - Something to always remember!

Always remember when your travelling back from the 'wilds' to take your knife off your belt and put it deep in the confines of your rucksack, otherwise, like me, you could end up being arrested for being in posession of an 'offensive weapon' and spending the night in a police cell waiting to be interviewed and telling an officer of the law that your knife is not an offensive weapon but an essential bushcraft tool. Not every officer of the law has heard of bushcraft, Ray Mears or Bear Grylls.

I am still awaiting the return of my bushcraft cutlery and I know with all these knife amnesties they will be hesitant to return it to me.

Trust me, it's not a nice experience!

It's amazing what you can do with some meths and hexi blocks!

Coming Soon - http://www.bushcrafters.co.uk

Thanks for this Ken. It kind of adds much weight to those who warned of the potential problems in many, many earlier threads who were poo poo'ed by the minority.

Hope you get it back. Hope you have been released without charges
    [

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.

Many is the time I've come out of the woods after a weekend with the cutlery still on my hip.
    The laws over here are much less restrictive, and especially the police who work near the areas where I would hike are usually very understanding and will give a guy a chance.

Best of luck to you.

Josh

Fortunately the sergeant responsible for deciding whether to charge me or not had military experience and the fact I stunk of the fire that had kept me sorted for three nights knew why it was in my possession. The PC in charge of the investigation is a different matter. I'll find out on Sunday. As I wasn't charged, they are obliged to return it to me.
    Last edited by Ken; 08-03-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Badly worded!
    It's amazing what you can do with some meths and hexi blocks!

Coming Soon - http://www.bushcrafters.co.uk

Wanderer
    Hope you have a happy outcome, i take note for when i am out, thanks for the warning Ken, shakya

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Fortunately the sergeant responsible for deciding whether to charge me or not had military experience and the fact I stunk of the fire that had kept me sorted for three nights knew why it was in my possession. The PC in charge of the investigation is a different matter. I'll find out on Sunday. As I wasn't charged, they are obliged to return it to me.

Just goes to prove doesnt it that its down to the arresting officer and the custody Sgt..and you to prove need, and purpose otherwise your mat tapping in the morning before the judge.

The law is an ass but glad you got away Ken
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Thanks for this Ken. It kind of adds much weight to those who warned of the potential problems in many, many earlier threads who were poo poo'ed by the minority.

Hope you get it back. Hope you have been released without charges

I had 17 scouts and me all out and about with knives last night but as soon as they leave the woods its knives well and truly away. Its just not worth the risk but occasionally you will forget. Hope all goes well.

Tribesman
    Sorry to hear this Ken. Hope you get the cutlery back and of course, no charges.
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Hi Mate sorry to hear about your experience (did they give you a body cavity search ) if not go back and demand one LOL Reminds me of when I lived in Ipswich I used to get on the bus with my machete I never knew it was against the law and I had my Lock knife to. Someone told me at the allotments they where illegal and I stopped in the end
    I hope you do get your knife back though

Ben
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

whatever happened to common sense? They could have easily just reminded you of your mistake and maybe given a little warning and ensured you put the knife away. but no, it was an easy tick in a target box once again and thats the problem. common sense is trumped by having to reach targets every time!
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?