Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bright LCD Head Torch??

Peasant
    a petzl e-light is for me too

Yep. Don't go anywhere without my e-light. Handy little thing

I have one that I been using for years, and to be honest it didn't cost me much, if I remember right it was £5. Is not even branded. However, I got a little torch that I like to have in my pocket or wherever and I made a little thing out of a bike's inner tube. Well, I put some pictures so you can see what I'm about, LOL.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01038.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	3929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01039.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	3930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01040.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	3931
    It actually works pretty well.
    I meant to say, I put it on like a head band, and when not in use, the band is rolled and packed away inside the same pouch where the torch go.
    Last edited by Juanodaxis; 04-03-2012 at 02:02 AM.

I use a Coleman Max torch. It's rated output is 270 lumens! Runs 3x AAA batteries. It's small and very stout design handheld not headlamp. It's like looking at the Sun at night! One note, the focus is not adjustable.http://colemanmax.com
    Smoothin it

I use a Coleman Max torch. It's rated output is 140 lumens! Runs 3x AAA batteries. It's small and very stout design handheld not headlamp. It's like looking at the Sun at night! One note, the focus is not adjushttp://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Ultra-Power-Aluminum-Flashlight/dp/B00339C2WO/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_ttable.
    Smoothin it

I run a Princeton Tec Byte. Was on sale for 3/10 of bugger all when i bought it at a stores closing sale. She runs 2 AAA batteries, 35 lumen max output, which isnt the brightest in the world i know, but its good enough for basically anything i do. Has 3 light modes, one of which is a red light. The thing i really like about it is it weighs 64 grams, so about 2.1 ounces... Basically it weighs bugger all, its bright enough to walk with, it has a long burn time, and spare batteries are light and small to carry.

now using a Petzl Tactikka Plus. Good battery life from 3 AAA batteries, 3 light levels and red filter.

Hi there!
    I have two of the Spark ST6-500CW headlamps and I can really recommend it! It is a very bright, waterproof and easy to use LED-Headlamp.
    I always carry it by going geocaching (Nightcaches) and it has never disappointed me.

Here is a short video-review of the two versions of this lamp.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4D1-W94Qm0

The only thing that might be a disadvantage, is that you have to use one 18650 or two CR123 Batteries instaed of normal AA Batteries.
    But that is because of the really high output of the LED.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    I use a glow worm wedged in a polo mint and tied around my head. Its bloody useless to see by and I keep getting pestered by other glow worms.. Not recommended

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    I use a glow worm wedged in a polo mint and tied around my head. Its bloody useless to see by and I keep getting pestered by other glow worms.. Not recommended
    But at least you have something to snack on if you get a little hungry as the night goes on...