Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Wild Coyote Footage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Definitely Canadian. There were about 200 'Eh's' and at least one 'Oot' and an 'aboot'.

Martin
    Hehe, ya, and the snow and clean air kinda gave it away too.

He's lucky there weren't others around, he'd have more than his hands full. On a side note, many coyotes around here (fingers mixed up and first two letters I hit typing that word were eh.... ) in the Ottawa Valley and elsewhere I'm sure, are actually coyote/wolf hybrids, so they are larger, males can weigh up to 70lbs. Not sure about that one, maybe he is too. Dunno....... wait for it......... eh?

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    Cool video, Ashley. Those coyotes are daring little buggers, eh?...you'd never see a wolf messing around with a human like that.
    I skinned and stretched a coyote just last week, a bit smaller and skinnier than that one. There's a contest going on around
    here this winter sponsored by a hunting supply shop--whoever submits the biggest coyote wins a gun. So far there are hundreds of entries from what I've heard.
    Here there is an open season year round on coyotes...and it doesn't even put a dent in the population.
    How's your wife's Scout knife doing anyways? "Honey, can I borrow your skinning knife?"
    Last edited by CanadianMike; 24-02-2012 at 11:02 PM.

I love dogs.
    Last edited by Fletching; 25-02-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post

How's your wife's Scout knife doing anyways? "Honey, can I borrow your skinning knife?"
    So I'm really jonesin' to get an overnighter at the hunt camp so I can slap together a proper video review of the knife...
    but work keeps getting in the way!
    I'll tell you this much, Mike... that knife was a real winner on the mid-size pelts; (beaver & coyote & fox), not so much with pelts that
    need a fine point on the tip of the knife for starting legs, etc. Kept an edge real well, too.

Like I say, I'll post another video shout out to everyone and show off the knife again asap.

Hehe, ... eh?

I'd love to see some of these in the wild. Not necessarily a whole bunch of 'em mind, as you suggest Mike! Whose got good experience with trail cams...any one of our Canadian cousins?

PS Mike; I used the Scout knife I got from you to dissect a chicken really easily. haven't tried it on game yet, but it ticks every single box.

Excellent, thanks. Funny you mention the point of it, I made it extra pointy for penetration compared to other knives I made (yours I knew would be a skinner, all the others are outdoors/bushcraft/utility/tactical points), almost sounds like your old Mora is the best starter knife due to the point. All good, glad you are enjoying it and it's working out great for you. Very much looking forward to whatever you put together for a video of it. Make sure you advertise yourself as one of the great Canadian trappers too....

....eh?

Lol, had to......

Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    I'd love to see some of these in the wild. Not necessarily a whole bunch of 'em mind, as you suggest Mike! Whose got good experience with trail cams...any one of our Canadian cousins?

PS Mike; I used the Scout knife I got from you to dissect a chicken really easily. haven't tried it on game yet, but it ticks every single box.
    Was just saying that that single coyote was trying to find a blind side on the guy, if a few more had have come out of the woods, he'd be up S*** creek, and the video would have become more like the Blair Witch Project.

Happy you are loving your Scout, what boxes are being ticked overall?
    Last edited by CanadianMike; 25-02-2012 at 12:07 AM.

what boxes are being ticked overall?
    let's take this over here...

Works for me.......... and you never did comment on the freebie for review Kydex neck knife sheath I added.

So yes, over there.........

Great vid.
    I was at Big Canoe in Georgia a couple of years ago . Sitting out with some friends when a pack of Yotes started sining about 20 yards from the house. Man that was kinda primevil I can tell ye.

Cheers
    AL