Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tick Bite Prevention Week

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Tests initially negative and have not been back for this since. Been a bit of a walking medical case for a while now so this kind of got forgotten about until this thread came up.
    The problem with the blood test is it can come back with false negatives and false positives, it is not reliable. If you feel it could be Lyme please contact us, we help people get the right information to Dr's and offer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Nope, I get my spot on provided for me FOC from a local vet who sponsors our organisation. They supply us with wormer and innoculations too also FOC. Good job really as its a very costly 'hobby' we have.
    Lucky you.. when you have multiple dogs it sure turns expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Casey View Post
    I smoke a lot so that may keep them away and most say I'm a cold blooded so and so and I dont seem to attract any women so the last one must be low so I must be on to a winner with not getting ticks
    Mind you I did go have a look at the link you put up as after reading the thread it has a lot of info on things I never really thought about.
    Glad you had a look through it.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppa joe View Post
    I always carry a pen just in case....
    What kind of pen? sorry just being really nosey......

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    I ad one in Germany on a NATO jalant in the 70tis but I dont think I ad me boots off for two weeks,the thing was the size of a pea.
    Sounds like it had a right old feed off you!! Have you been ill since, had any rashes etc?

one that I can draw a line through the tick with thus creating a cross like this x....I don't mind crosses
    Quote Originally Posted by saddie View Post
    What kind of pen? sorry just being really nosey......
    oh well try again

Lucky you.. when you have multiple dogs it sure turns expensive.

Trust me we earn it, many lives saved and many people found.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by cuppa joe View Post
    one that I can draw a line through the tick with thus creating a cross like this x....I don't mind crosses
    think I must be having a particularly dumb day...really don't understand why you would put a x on a tick....sorry my brain is smush just now, not enough hours in the day... could you explain it a bit more to me??.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Trust me we earn it, many lives saved and many people found.
    Glad you get something for all the rescues you do, are you called out often?

think I must be having a particularly dumb day...really don't understand why you would put a x on a tick....sorry my brain is smush just now, not enough hours in the day... could you explain it a bit more to me??.
    It's a joke ...tick ...cross....lol.
    oh well try again