Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Views on the 'Forestry Comission'....& camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Did you see the thread where I relayed the West Yorkshire Police Air Sp unit tweet where they were called to investigate 'suspicious' activity and ended up disturbing 2 lads out camping ? £5 million pound heli costing £500 PH to run to investigate that !!!
    It is madness the things that happen and the costs that arise But if we had places to go then the goverment could save a fortune is how I see it I mean by rights if your going out on a hike you should let the Mountain rescue Guys and the such know your route and stops. But if your having to do things in secret then when someone see's a light or a fire in the forest at night they naturally ring the police as it could be people nicking sheep or wild ones out on a drugs rave.

And at the end of the day we the bushcrafters could work together with these guys and save a lot of money and hassle for the police and farmers I mean if I saw anything I thought wasnt normal when out it is one of the first things I would do after checking with the rest of any group I was with.

At the end of the day we the bushcrafters could be a part of the bigger picture it's what the govermant wants anyway the big society It will be nice to sit around a fire with you one day to put the worls to rights
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Casey View Post
    I mean by rights if your going out on a hike you should let the Mountain rescue Guys and the such know your route and stops.
    I'm glad they dont !!! the Peak District gets C 30 million visitors a year, busy enough as it is. Leaving note with a responsible person is enough, someone who can raise the alarm if needed. If youre solo camping,really bothered and can afford it PLB's are legal for land use now
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    PLB's are legal for land use now
    Is there a specific type you must use or will any do?
    There's no brew without fire.

A common theme appearing - those that don't care still go in and trash the place so why not just allow the more conscientious amongst us to practice our craft legaly. I'm with you on this one Steve, linky when you're ready.

Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Wanderer
    It has always been the same, i used to truck around in the 80's always getting problems even when just hauled over for a sleep, god forbid you should light a fire ! I will be happy to sign a petition.

John

Wanderer
    Thanks Steve, duly signed and placed thread on my Facebook page.

Tribesman
    Sorted
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Signed and shared mate
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Signed
    oh well try again