Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What type of Dog

One thing holds true, dog owners are never lonely people !

for me it's a rescue greyhound, the main reason is that so many get discarded when their racing career ends, they walk great on the lead, they tend to be quiet, gentle dogs, they are great with kids, old folk etc, and they love sleeping, and don't tend to be agressive unless it's small and furry. I love 'em........

happy trails: keep the sun on your face, and the rain of your back.............

For me it is my Shih Tzu Charlie he loves the outdoors & is very intelligent & funny and a welcome addition when going out alone.

Trapper
    I have a greyhound cross lurcher, Max. If it rabbit sized and furry he turns into freddy krueger, most times hes my 40mph couch potato. He worked brilliant with my border terrier named Amos (my kids just called him Mozzy) . The terrier would go through bramble as though it was cotton wool, flush rabbits and max would then run in and pick them up. They worked well together till one day Mozzy the border terrier hit a fence wire and due to injury had te be put down by the vet. He was a true terrier and stocky and strong, keen to please. Ive never replaced him, but Max the greyhound lurcher well he's still keen as mustard.

Akita Inu. Nice siced, strong dogs that can help you carry your gear. I don't have one, but once I get a dog again, that will be it.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Jack Russel (have two)
    * LIFE IS GOOD *

One that can carry my stuff in summer, and drag it in winter...
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Our last dog died about seven years ago, an Irish Terrier, great temp and dead easy to train. Great with kids but the missus won't entertain another after losing our Foxy (only five) which died through anaemia. I'd deffo have another Irish.

Appears my laptop is now bouncing, took a couple of months in a shop down the road, like losing my favourite pet.

Jack Russel /springer cross and staffordshire bull terrier. Both fantastic company.

Here is my dog from when I grew up:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toya1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	5715

She was a mix of Golden Retriever and Norwegian Buhund on the mothers side of things and Norwegian Grey Elghund on the fathers side.
    Norwegian buhund is closely related to the Icleandic sheep dog and the Buhund simple means farm dog. The grey elghund is a moose hunting dog.
    You release it and it will find the moose, and start barking to tell the hunter where it is. It will then try and keep the moose in place by circling it and bark, until the
    hunter can come and shoot it. Very clever dogs.

Sadly my dog was dumb as a doornail. But I really loved her. She died of old age while I was deplyed to the Lebanon, and I have never been as drunk as I was after I heard the news...

Well, well, she is is in the dogs eternal hunting grounds now, chasing rabbits all day :-)
    (Roald Amundsen)