Thread: "Santa Fe" Knife & Sheath

"Santa Fe" Knife & Sheath

Just finished putting this together yesterday. It's the "Santa Fe" model of knives forged in Solingen, Germany and sold by TrackOfTheWolf.com and a few other online retailers. I finished this one with rosewood scales, hollow brass pins and a mustard patina. The sheath is made from 10oz cow leather and copper rivets, dyed and finished with beeswax. I hope you all enjoy the pics!

Alone in the African desert without a compass or a guide... However, by carefully noting the position of the sun, I could tell it was still daytime. --Neddie Seagoon

Nice job DB!

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Tribesman
    Hi dog.breath.
    Like the look of your knife, I'm assuming you made the try stick with it?
    How thick is the blade?

Tony
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Quote Originally Posted by rossbird View Post
    Hi dog.breath.
    Like the look of your knife, I'm assuming you made the try stick with it?
    How thick is the blade?

Tony
    Hi, Tony. Yep, the try-stick was carved with this knife. I found it to be fairly nimble, both because it's fairly short (3.25") and also quite thin (0.120" - I guess that's a hair over 3mm). However, I do think I need to do a little more work on the edge, as I found it was less than excellent at creating feather sticks (truth be told, I'm not great at creating feather sticks, either ). These blanks come almost-but-not-quite sharp. I've used a whetstone to create a convexed edge, but it doesn't quite shave, yet. I'll probably spend some more time on it during the week.
    Alone in the African desert without a compass or a guide... However, by carefully noting the position of the sun, I could tell it was still daytime. --Neddie Seagoon

Great looking blade there. Love the patina you've given it, almost like a demascus look , top work mate.

Adam
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel