Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Leather Waistcoat

  1. #11
    Trapper IBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hazlemere, Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    184
    I wanted this one http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product...subcat_id=5531
    but at £549 its out of my price range so I decided to make my own. I have a M&S waistcoat and I have used that for the measurements.
    Thanks
    Ian

  2. #12
    Ranger Ben Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North East Roaming the world :)
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal mug View Post
    They just seem like normal people you'd see wandering around the village?
    I Love them tashes
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

  3. #13
    Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrown View Post
    I wanted this one http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product...subcat_id=5531
    but at £549 its out of my price range so I decided to make my own. I have a M&S waistcoat and I have used that for the measurements.
    Thanks
    Ian
    Ahh, that's not a waistcoat, that's a gilet. That's altogether different. In fact, if you call it a 'Jerkin' then it doesn't have any unfortunate connotations whatsoever.

    Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

  4. #14
    Tribesman Humakt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The hills of Sartar
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Ahh, that's not a waistcoat, that's a gilet. That's altogether different. In fact, if you call it a 'Jerkin' then it doesn't have any unfortunate connotations whatsoever.

    Martin
    With the exception that it looks like the kind of thing worn by people who have mullet hairstyles, throw beer cans from trucks, and listen to Billy Ray Cyrus records, of course?
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

    My Bushcraft Blog:
    http://ukbushcrafters.wordpress.com/

    My Non-Bushcraft Blog:
    http://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

    My Bushcraft Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/01Humakt?feature=

  5. #15
    Moderator jus_young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal mug View Post
    They just seem like normal people you'd see wandering around the village?
    I know the village, it is normal, why do you think I left?

  6. #16
    Moderator jus_young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ... In fact, if you call it a 'Jerkin' then it doesn't have any unfortunate connotations whatsoever.

    Martin
    I can't see the resemblence myself

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gerkin.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	3705









  7. #17
    Trapper IBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hazlemere, Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    184
    Well I've started making it. The stitching is being done by hand so it will take a while.

  8. #18
    One with Nature CanadianMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Humakt View Post
    With the exception that it looks like the kind of thing worn by people who have mullet hairstyles, throw beer cans from trucks, and listen to Billy Ray Cyrus records, of course?
    That's far from truth, Larry the Cable Guy doesn't have a mullet!


  9. #19
    Trapper IBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hazlemere, Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    184
    I have finished the back, I just need to stitch the decorative strips in that I have glued. Then I will start on the more difficult front with pockets.

    Thanks
    Ian

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waistcoat1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	3714

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •