Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The weather- the staple of small talk

Let's ask our cousins across the big pond if the weather is their national pastime conversation piece as well ?.... Seems to be a very British thing
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning. Weather during tomorrow will extend as far afield as Wales. And it looks like more of the same until Sunday.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Albert Einstein

Hobo
    The weather is great up here in Sunny Newcastle, its cold but no snow lying. We do get our fair share of bad weather up in God's counrty.

S.E. Wales had 8 inches snow yesterday so took the Freelander out on the mountain today - first time off-road in snow...Lost for words, it was amazing, it's a clever piece of kit.

First 4x4 I've owned, had it a couple of months. It just loves to play in the snow, didn't want to go back home...!

The whole area looked fantastic from up on the ridge, and I saw things today that I never noticed previously, it's as if the snow blanks some features out and highlights others.

Going back up there on foot Sun or Mon for a trek and a spot of lunch on an open fire...can't wait
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul standley View Post
    S.E. Wales had 8 inches snow yesterday so took the Freelander out on the mountain today - first time off-road in snow...Lost for words, it was amazing, it's a clever piece of kit.

First 4x4 I've owned, had it a couple of months. It just loves to play in the snow, didn't want to go back home...!

The whole area looked fantastic from up on the ridge, and I saw things today that I never noticed previously, it's as if the snow blanks some features out and highlights others.

Going back up there on foot Sun or Mon for a trek and a spot of lunch on an open fire...can't wait
    *Martin Likes This*

I know it's not Facebook but I couldn't resist.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I love how on the news after three weeks of snow they are still trying to make it dramatic, nail-biting "Breaking news".

We had a blizard in south Essex today,about 4in..................snow i meam

Oh no! Snow on the runway, my luxury 5* holiday ruined!

I wonder how many car radios were destroyed this christmas when "I'm dreaming of a white christmas" came on the airwaves.