Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worst shop ever

Worst shop ever

Has anyone come across a very bad shop? I've heard tales of a certain high street camping store selling novice campers summer sleeping bags for the artic. Which when you think about it could be a removed form of manslaugter.

Not really come across a bad shop,but have met many crap salespeople.One of the worst was a sales girl in field and trek Swansea.She was convinced that coleman fuel was the same as meths and was ideal for trangias.

I must admit to being absolutely overwhelmed by the knowledge of an assistant in Millets in Truro when when I bought myself some winter footwear recently. I have never considered Millets as a proper camping shop before, a bit like Mc Donalds for camping but she really knew her stuff and was very patient while I tried on every pair of shoes in the place.

Very pleased
    aman

yes i have, camelot outdoors online shop, I bought a crook knife off them early september after 1 month it still hadnt arrived and so i tried phoning after 13 different attempts at different times and hanging on the phone for upto twenty minutes sometimes and repeated emails all with no reply i finaly got an email reply a week ago saying that it had been sent out but nothing in the email to say about a replacement or refund although i didnt want a replacement as i had got so fed up of no response i bought one elsewhere, so i am having to go through my card company for a refund. So the moral of the story is avoid them like the plague as i have since found out that this is not an isolated incident

Quote Originally Posted by troopermaz View Post
    yes i have, camelot outdoors online shop, I bought a crook knife off them early september after 1 month it still hadnt arrived and so i tried phoning after 13 different attempts at different times and hanging on the phone for upto twenty minutes sometimes and repeated emails all with no reply i finaly got an email reply a week ago saying that it had been sent out but nothing in the email to say about a replacement or refund although i didnt want a replacement as i had got so fed up of no response i bought one elsewhere, so i am having to go through my card company for a refund. So the moral of the story is avoid them like the plague as i have since found out that this is not an isolated incident
    Thanks for the warning.

I have had a delivery from Silvermans and I'm not happy with them at the minute so I have complained. I will see what they have to say
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

I made an order with Trueways on the 13th December for lots of items including a nesting Billy can set. When the order turned up, one of the Billy cans was missing, as was half the other items. After four phonecalls, I've got most, but I'm still waiting on one item. Greenman Bushcraft is my fave, as they only sell what's in stock, this is followed by Backpackinglight.

Steve

I have filled in there contact form and copied the web advertising as they are doing false advertising if I dont here back. Then I will phone and if I don't get anywhere I will go to trading standards. The best was part of the order was totally wrong and not what I ordered LOL
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Tribal Elder
    Yeah I had some problems with trueways in the past... being honest though they sorted it out as soon as i called...

We were warned about silvermans at cadets, they said they were a rip off and were just generally crap.

I hate to grass up peoples business's.
    When in doubt Brew-Up!