Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trapping Tales

Trapping Tales

I thought the knifemakers here might like this one. Andrew is a trapper in NWT who documents the running of his trapline.
    Earlier in the year his boat sank and he lost all his knives, so a knifemaker from New York sent him a whole bunch to replace them.
    He shows them at around 17:00. He has a heck of a big trapline so his cousin comes along to help.

Trapper
    I have to say this video got me really angry. to kill an animal just to sell its pelt is something I could never agree with. It's exploitation of mother nature at its worst. It has nothing to do with bushcraft in my opinion. The fur trade is just wrong. Raising an animal and giving it a good life is one thing. Killing it humanely and using every bit of it shows respect for the creature and nature, the skin is a by product of that cycle. Look at the innuit, the Dolgan and Saami peolpes with respect for this.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Live and let live.

Hi t-f brilliant vidios spent all afternoon watching most of his vids,good trapper I could see the tree hugger in this country startting all salts of protests if we where to trap that menny cats.An insite into the modern day trapper in the North of you'r country,GREAT.ATB.................DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS...........TONY.

Ha,,,,,, told you it would kick off.......The guy is liveing off the lands resource's and nothing was going to wast,the meat he was'ant eating he was useing to prime his traps.........Loved it a real woods man I only wish I was still young enuff to do it

Glad you liked the vids, Tony.The guy's got a heck of a big trapline, hundreds of square miles; don't know how he finds enough hours in the day.
    Lots of guys up north (and here in Ontario for that matter) work at construction or other jobs 8 months of the year and then spend 3 or 4 months
    in the bush each winter trapping. Kind of like a paid vacation.

Jack

Great I could drive a truck untill the snow comes then out in the back wood trapping and huntting mousse,dear,caraboo great time,thanks t-f for the vid and the link to the wild north,Atb.............DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS...............TONY....

Just started watching, the accent is SOOOOOO Canadian, am surprised no one here has gone after that yet! Lol, still waiting to find a Canuck that actually pronounces it 'Aboot', outside of Newfie-land.....

DID hear him say "Auooot" when he was talking about skinning out the 'cariboo' though.

BTW, he's very much Native/Inuit, means he knows the value of nature and respecting it while doing what he does.. And, he does curse like a redneck Canadian!!!!!
    Last edited by CanadianMike; 24-01-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Was he using cuss words? I didn't notice.

Just the usual Canadian words to express things. Most passed by my ears, just noticed at times because I was listening close to hear if he says "Aboot" like they think we Canadians say on here. Still waiting to hear that word, just finished my second video of his, nada as far as "Aboot" goes. Heard other funny 'valley' words, 'boot noot aboot'!