Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Land Rover Discovery project..

Well done Jonny,shame about the £500.

Ouch!!!

I take my hat off to you sir for completing this worthy cause and saving another Landy from the scrap heap in the sky.

Well done mate,I hate mot time,always feels like they got you by dangley bits! Paul

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Well done JonnyP. I'd love a Disco but funds don't quite stretch that far for me.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Well done JonnyP. I'd love a Disco but funds don't quite stretch that far for me.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Well done on getting it through, at least now you know what she is like underneath having got intimate with it lol let's hope it gives you many years of wild camping.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Thank you for you're words everyone :0)

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Been very busy on the Disco. Replaced the main and crankshaft bearings, put in a new timing belt, tensioner n idler and I have just painted it.
    After uming and ahing over what colour to paint it, a mate of mine found some cheap chassis paint that he was impressed with, so I went with that.
    It was a bit too cold when I painted it and I got more runs than Brian Lara, but I managed to sort most of them. I will re-do it again when it warms up (if it ever warms up )

I also have a 2000 watt 7 speaker sound system fitted, which I bought from the proceeds from selling my old air rifle.
    Loads more stuff to sort on it, like the front bumper needs tidying, the interior needs sorting. I still have the oil light flickering on idle, and its leaking a bit of oil from the head gasket, so will sort that at some point..

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    and its leaking a bit of oil from the head gasket.
    Yup its a landrover
    [

Really good workhorse and it's looking good, I killed mine with 100,000 mile of motorway driving. But for normal road speeds they appear to last forever.
    BJ
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”