Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a Question and Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    The dream Saxon, can't wait to read the book please.
    Book? Ha! They would never believe I've sailed through white Rainbows...

Living on your own away from the modern society, sounds nice, but really hard to do and extremely dangerous too.
    I actually have come with a little dream, the dream already mention in this topic, self reliance. I also believe that with the economy as is going nowdays, is making people want that more and more. Having your own house, disconnected from the grid, with your own source of energy and water, and being able to either farm or hunt, or both. I can see that becoming quite popular.

Hone your bushcraft skills, learn how to deal with wood and water and how to make electricity (for comms), learn to hunt, learn about foraging and horticulture, learn field first aid, save up some money for a cast iron stove, a boiler, some solar panels and some decent tools, get a residence permit for Canada and get yourself a good dog. Find a nice bit of solitude, build a cabin and...like Tony says...don't get eaten by the bears.

Live long and die contented.

...just my tuppence worth.

Last edited by Fletching; 19-01-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    One way is to think of onboard boat living. Cruise to where you want and can, drop anchor and enjoy the life until officialdom finds you then move on. To possess a portable skill to exchange for cash to live is an asset of course...
    ...I've done that. It worked for me. Cabin next...

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

I was dreaming of this even looked into self sufficient communities but with children I don't think this in the long run would be good for them, and looking most of these communities end up abit 'animal farm' with people relying on others to do their bit.

Lovely thought tho -mick
    “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity...”
    ― John Muir