Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Making an Arrow

Wow! Nice work, Mike. I really dig all of those!
    Alone in the African desert without a compass or a guide... However, by carefully noting the position of the sun, I could tell it was still daytime. --Neddie Seagoon

Hi Mate thats all looking really good I need to get my backside back into gear
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Thanks guys. Am making the quiver modular, mostly it'll be a belt hanger type, but wanted to be able to remove the hanger and put a strap on for back carry. The arm guard I threw out on paper, looks like I got it bang on, will use it when I am wood arrow testing, the flare at the front covers my hand and the length goes to my palm. Bit of a pain to put it on, still working out the bugs. And I ordered a dozen and a half 5/16" field tips for the lighter arrows I'm making, need to wait a bit to buy 11/16 cedar shafts to mate up with my bow.

Forgot I took another pic the other night. Just need to add the tie thread to the feathers, cut and glue the point on. BTW, shaft is covered with Minwax Wood Hardener, as is the cord wrap in front of the selfnock.

Thats nice mate I'm going to get started today on making somemore as I want to take them with me to the Cornwall R.V. and hopefully I will make a bow there and get to test them out

Why not buy a cheaper bow first to play with and get used to the way it should be, then work on making your bow after?

Thats a good idea I think I will but I was dead chuffed with the one I made last year my nephew has it now

Hey, go for it, gets you shooting sooner and you'll be better able to make your bow with more patience.

I will go have look online in a bit I made a couple of arrows this weekend but putting the fletching on is a nightmare even with a jig I need to get a better system I'm thinking about trying the tape they sell

Banned
    For a cheap quick bow have you looked at PVC bows. Lot of you tube videos on how to make one and they appear to shoot.