Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Making an Arrow

Cheers guys I was worried it would snap but I had covered it in beeswax for ages now and it seems very flexible I was so chuffed when it worked I forgot to get some pictures but on my next outing I will
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Hi Ben
    your bow certainly impressed me and as you say they covered a fair distance, some had gone that far they were difficult to keep in sight and find. You made a damn good job of making that bow and arrrows Ben, not a bad shot with it either, we both managed to aim for and hit a half acre of grass with it, I think a bit of practice will help with that though LOL. So fella's I can say Bens workmanship is pretty damn good, I only wished he was as accurate with a kettle while pouring boiling water (ouch) . Oh and Ben I am down to Three litres of tea a day now.

Dave

Hi Mate

Cheers for the compliment next time we are out we could make a couple of bows Oh and you moved your hand so it wasn't my fault LOL Oh alright I accept the blame Oh and you said you liked tea I really enjoyed getting out in the woods with you mate it was great fun for a first time out in ages and I hope you enjoyed it We will have to meet up again to discuss having a thread on the forum about it

Hi Mate
    we will do just that then. I enjoyed it as well, you make good company and you were gentle with me being as it was my first time LOL. Just seen some asbestos gloves for holding teacups while camping on Fleabay.

Dave

I'm always gentle when it is someones first time And I think you will need them gloves as I was sure you were going to pick up that burning log Anyway when I come over with all the pics we can do a thread about the weekend

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by butchthedog View Post
    Hi Mate
    we will do just that then. I enjoyed it as well, you make good company and you were gentle with me being as it was my first time LOL. Just seen some asbestos gloves for holding teacups while camping on Fleabay.

Dave

Hi Mate
    will look forward to that Oh and if you manage to see a target, buy the large 15ft diameter one, cos the bullseye is a foot lager on that one

Dave

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    DITTO

Regards
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by luresalive View Post
    put it on by tacking with pine pitch then wrap between the filaments with thread,
    or sinew if you want to be traditional.

I have ordered some targets this morning mate I ordered four big ones so we can put them all next to each other then there is more chance of hitting at least one

Quote Originally Posted by butchthedog View Post
    Hi Mate
    will look forward to that Oh and if you manage to see a target, buy the large 15ft diameter one, cos the bullseye is a foot lager on that one

Dave

Hi Mate
    should of got five targets, four round the outside and one in the middle painted red as the bull, Ha Ha.....

Hi Ben
    look out there are two of us now, thanks for your support JAFO