Thread: A 'Hobo' Fishing Line

A 'Hobo' Fishing Line

I've been doing whatever I can today to put off last minute present wrapping, including making a little hobo fishing line out of a couple of empty water bottles. I wish I could claim the idea as my own, but alas, I'm not that clever. I came across the idea on the BCUK forum, and fancied having a crack at it myself. I can however proudly take credit for discovering that an empty 35mm film canister fits snuggly on the bottom for a bit of extra storage This time next year I'll be a millionaire I'm sure.

The central bit between the bottle tops is a nice waterproof container in itself in to which I'll put some hooks, weights, small float, small disgorger etc.

Last edited by Apparition; 24-12-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Looks sweet. Just one concern is when you cast your line is it going to catch on the lip either end of the spool.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy1971 View Post
    Looks sweet. Just one concern is when you cast your line is it going to catch on the lip either end of the spool.
    I guess I'll have to try it with a bit of line to see. There's no line on it yet, so there's still room for some thinking on my part and some tuning up