Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Brew Kit for the Mrs

Quote Originally Posted by bare grills View Post
    go outdoors.... but they don't do them anymore , i've checked
    damn. Do you know of anywhere else?

Yes, the Vaseline cotton balls and other bits are for making a fire in the absence of meths etc. Just one more lightweight way of making a brew, and that's never a bad thing in my experience. The cup was indeed from Go Outdoors ages ago but I've also now bought the mrs a sturdier Swedish army surplus mug as an alternative to the one shown in the kit.

I personally prefer the Tatonka mug. Just about big enough to cook in as well as a brew. Wish I could get a lid for it.

I also use the MSR Titan kettle if out with someone, that way it holds just enough to make two cuppas

anyone got any experience / knowledge of these ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-...item336267e01f

Could be ok to drink from but wouldn't put it over a flame. Because it's in rings as the heat builds up from the bottom they will expand and then maybe leak.

Just keep a lookout for a decent single walled stainless mug. I think Go outdoors had some pressed aluminum mugs but they had plastic handles.

Nowt wrong with those but look for a stainless one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy1971 View Post
    Nowt wrong with those but look for a stainless one instead.
    for what reason ? ally is lighter , quicker to transfer heat and easier to bend back to shape WHEN i crush it somehow

Bend a piece of aluminum and what happens. It cracks.