Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Habitat versus bonfire

Habitat versus bonfire

Nice video...really good commentary...

Last edited by Ashley Cawley; 19-11-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: To embed video.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Lovely, H really is putting out some interesting stuff With all damage we've done to Nature it could certainly do with people giving it a helping hand back, remembering that we are a part of the eco-system and it will only benefit us as humans if we benefit nature to.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

That's a great vid thanks Brigit

Nice thinking - giving everything a chance at life.

Thumbs up A Win for Wildlife Today!

You'll be proud of me! - Just today I convinced a land owner to save some very large piles, he was going to burn them all and I convinced them to turn them into habitat-piles!

Some people just need informing on what little it can take to help Wildlife, once he realised what I was saying he was quite receptive! Here's the rest of my day's activities.

Thanks Ash & Brigit

Really good of you to link to my video, particularly this one which is something that everyone needs to start considering. The problem with our society and it's relationship with nature boils down to lack of education. Social media is here now & that can change if we have the will.

The simple answer to getting things right for nature is to remember that it is a cycle of life and if you interrupt that cycle then it begins to fail.

Very inspirational.

I am going to have a chat with my parents about the concept, next time I visit them. They are currently in the process of turning their old farm land into forest and wetland. My dad suffers from the "burn it" bug aswell

Regards.

Jakob

Thumbs up Habitat Pile Hording Revolution!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofhood View Post
    Really good of you to link to my video, particularly this one which is something that everyone needs to start considering. The problem with our society and it's relationship with nature boils down to lack of education. Social media is here now & that can change if we have the will.

The simple answer to getting things right for nature is to remember that it is a cycle of life and if you interrupt that cycle then it begins to fail.
    You've started a pile-hording revolution!!! I agree with your outlook on social-media to; what a superb platform to share what we know with one another.

Nice one Jakob, I hope they are receptive to the idea.
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

One of the things I love most about your video H is that ANYONE can create a habitat pile, whatever the size of their plot. I even have one on the concrete steps leading up to my tiddly little patio... and its attracted quite a few carpenter bees this summer who've made nests in the little bits of rotten wood.

Your commentary is good too.

Thumbs up A mature habitat pile, three years old or more..

Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace