Thread: Leathercraft Stitching Pony

Leathercraft Stitching Pony

I was looking for a good quality stitching pony when I came across one on eBay from the USA.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1208062611...84.m1423.l2649

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pony1.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	2892

It was $149.99 or £95. I saw a cheap one at Tandy's for £20 but it looked as if it wouldn't last very long.
    I printed off the pictures and set about working out the dimensions. The result was a trip to Homebase, if like me you have one with a wood cutter you can pick up off-cuts for 20p - 50p each. After a rummage I found the bits I needed and for the cost of 90p and a bit of fuel I made the £95 Stitching pony with the swivel base.

I will do a How to on my Blog once I have sorted out the pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stitching_pony8.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	2891

Thanks
    Ian

I would've given you more reputation, but apparently I've got to spread it around a little. Still a good job, and goes to show that charging silly prices is going to drive away your customers. Serves them right.

Well done good bit of work that, never heard of one of those and I like it, will wait for your how to make then give it ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    I would've given you more reputation, but apparently I've got to spread it around a little. Still a good job, and goes to show that charging silly prices is going to drive away your customers. Serves them right.
    I have an allotment and my misses says its the allotmenteers way to make do and mend. I think that it now applies to more than just the allotmenteer. These days as you say Bernie they are not only driving customers away, but more like myself are going down the road of how much!! " I could make that ". Many thanks for your comments, the How to is now complete and I have to say the leather hides a multitude of sins ( I can't cut straight )