Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Signs of the onset of winter

It is my 17th winter in the Czech Republic and the first one wihtout snow before Christmas.

Long may it last!!
    Mark 8:36

there is something strange going on weather wise,been a barmy 14/15 degrees here in the english riveria heheee
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Quote Originally Posted by swkieran View Post
    there is something strange going on weather wise,been a barmy 14/15 degrees here in the english riveria heheee
    Same here, I drove from Lancashire to Thirsk in North Yorkshire today to see the in-laws and the coolest it was (at 1030am) was 11c the warmest (at 230pm) was 15c !!

Ade.

Coldest I have slept out in is -3 this year. Woke up under the tarp, didn't want to get out of my sleeping bag lol. When it came time to break camp, there was ice on the underside of the ground sheet and on the car, but not much anywhere else.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

This one isnt very bushcrafty but years ago when I scuba dived we cut a hole in the ice on the Mohnesee in Germany and went down now that was a bit nippy as I only had a wet suit at 4mm Mind you I was young then
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Trapper
    I was walking the dog yesterday and noticed some bees buzzing around a neighbour's cherry tree which is in full blossom and catkins all over a load of trees in the woodland. Many of the trees have buds on them already and one hazel tree still has most of it's leaves still on. I think winter was Tuesday last week and now spring is here 3 months early.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

were is the snow lol

Perfect timing! Went out this morning and for the first time this winter I had to scrape the ice off the windscreen. Still down at 0 deg C (32 deg F) at 9 o'clock. Would get cold now as I'm off to the woods for the weekend!

Still, give me chance to test the DIY underquilt properly but I'm going prepared with extra blanket as I don't trust the 4 season rating on my bag.

just had a thought, GoOutdoors is on the way, tempting when the Rab down bags are on sale...

Yey, just got back from a weekend in London and spent the last hour and a half of the journey driving through snow

Winter, she is coming...

We had snow here today I had to come in out of the garden where I was busy it isnt fair LOL
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses