Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran has nuclear arms!

bushcraftboy

Iran has nuclear arms!

I was watching BBC news yesterday and there was breaking news that Iran has nuclear arms, and testing them.

They said there for peaceful purposes.

I can't believe that any day, when have nuclear weapons ever been for peaceful purposes!

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Nuclear weapons have, arguably, kept world peace since 1945. Difficult to believe I know but without them World War II would have lasted much much longer and we would inevitably have been at war with the Soviet bloc ever since.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Same s**t different day different place!

We have lived through the worst of the threat, when the two most paranoid countries were at each others throats, circa 1950 - 1990!

They will not be given the opportunity to get too far!

Live in hope humanity will prevail !
    Last edited by Martin; 09-11-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    If it can't be carried it aint needed

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Nuclear weapons have, arguably, kept world peace since 1945. Difficult to believe I know but without them World War II would have lasted much much longer and we would inevitably have been at war with the Soviet bloc ever since.

Martin
    I hardly think the US tactical response, for the 2500 American lives lost at Pearl Harbour, of the nuclear annihilation of Hiroshima & the 166000 lives or the same with Nagasaki & 90000 lives, can be really accepted as the most the best way to end the war!

The Nazi's were tried as criminals for what happened to the Jewish population (quite rightly!), what happened to those that ordered the deployment of nuclear weapons on the innocent population of Japan?

It is always worth remembering that history is written by the victors, & theres two sides to every story!

But yes nuclear the scary points that the cold war went too, who had the biggest, fastest & most weapons, probably did scare the 1st world away from nuclear armament, but the countries at it now are 2nd or even former 3rd world countries who want to play like the big boys did!

You reap what you sow!

I'm certainly not an expert on the end of the Second World War but the bombing of Japan brought that evil regime to its knees much faster than would have otherwise been the case. The deaths in Japan as a result of the abusive regime were a crime of massive proportions. Granted, dropping a hydrogen bomb on them was quite a statment but it certainly had the desired effect and has meant that we haven't seen a world war for over 60 years.

I'm not an apologist for the A bomb or the way the west has imposed it's self styled 'world peace keeper' persona.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I'm certainly not an expert on the end of the Second World War but the bombing of Japan brought that evil regime to its knees much faster than would have otherwise been the case. The deaths in Japan as a result of the abusive regime were a crime of massive proportions. Granted, dropping a hydrogen bomb on them was quite a statment but it certainly had the desired effect and has meant that we haven't seen a world war for over 60 years.

I'm not an apologist for the A bomb or the way the west has imposed it's self styled 'world peace keeper' persona.Martin
    Isn't that what makes the world special, everyone has their perspective!

I enjoy crossing swords with you Martin!

I neither have any vested interest in how history was written or will be I am just surviving & living my simple life!

I agree with some & disagree with others! The world will sort itself out eventually!

LOL

Oh well not to worry back in my days in the Army in BAOR (Germany) After two weeks at war we would have either given up or dropped the bomb. I was given the chance on one ecers to decide how it should go I got to ring the Whitehouse and gave them my Grid ref for the first bomb LOL

Bens claim to fame Yehaaaaaaaaaa
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

If you look into the amount of nazis that actually were tried after the war, the number is frighteningly low - and many had their sentences commuted after only a very few years.
    Personally, I think the nuclear threat merely moved the conflict between the superpowers to a 'proxy' war, all around the globe; Korea, vietnam, latin America, the middle east and so on. So yes, we didn't have a war in Europe, we just played it out all over the globe through other poor beggars.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaps72 View Post
    Isn't that what makes the world special, everyone has their perspective!

I enjoy crossing swords with you Martin!

I neither have any vested interest in how history was written or will be I am just surviving & living my simple life!

I agree with some & disagree with others! The world will sort itself out eventually!

LOL
    Healthy debate is healthy. But, ultimately, I've got the 'edit' button.

Martin

Healthy debate is healthy. But, ultimately, I've got the 'edit' button.

Martin
    LOL Your bad Martin I missed you
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses