Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 1st time camping out.

Sadly, I don't remember my first night out camping. I'm sure it was a big deal at the time, but didn't leave any lasting memory.

But, several hundred camp-outs later and I still don't recall a bad one!

bushcraftboy
    I hope I don't get sick from the water, all you have to do is wait for the roiling boil?

My luck I'll be very sick.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bushcraftboy View Post
    I hope I don't get sick from the water, all you have to do is wait for the roiling boil?

My luck I'll be very sick.
    Just take some water with you. Boiling will kill bateria and viruses but can't get rid of chemical polutants. There's a lovely river where we occasionally go for a walk but just up stream from the woods is a sewerage treatment works which overflows into the river when there is a lot of rain. All but the largest solids get washed in and you'd never know.

Where I live is a big mining area and the amount of arsenic and other nasty substances that are present is unnerving which is why I always take water with me when I can.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

bushcraftboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Just take some water with you. Boiling will kill bateria and viruses but can't get rid of chemical polutants. There's a lovely river where we occasionally go for a walk but just up stream from the woods is a sewerage treatment works which overflows into the river when there is a lot of rain. All but the largest solids get washed in and you'd never know.

Where I live is a big mining area and the amount of arsenic and other nasty substances that are present is unnerving which is why I always take water with me when I can.

Martin
    You're all a bunch of very helpful people thanks!

WOW what a thread!!!! hope you have/had a good night out mate braver than me, ill start to get more practice when it warms up a bit!!

Happy camping Rich

bushcraftboy
    Well I know how to stay warm as I used to skywatch alot down Pembrey country park on the beach, it was -15oC one time, my eyepiece case was frozen to the benches. I was never cold really.

Wow that hardcore!!!! lol

bushcraftboy
    Haha lol!