Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do you practice or want to learn Bushcraft?

The relentless background noise & demands of "civilised living" is something I need to get out of. By getting out and about I am able to clear my mind, observe, listen & learn at a natural pace. Nature and the elements are incredible teachers but it needs a certain mindset to understand them. I find when I return to the company of people my mood is better and I have a clarity to my thoughts and actions.

Hobo
    I'd agree with most of the previous posters as I think it's a sort of all round thing. I enjoy reducing all my usual worries,duties and responsibilities to shelter,water and a decent camp site. I get a real feeling of peace and wellbeing and a sort of connectedness to the natural world especially after about 3 days out. I like the self sufficient satisfaction of making what I don't carry from a few sticks and a length of paracord even if it doesn't work very well it'll teach me what I need to do different on the next attempt. I just seem to relax and slow down and lose all the hurry up and stress of work and the city. I suppose bushcraft is the way I repair the damage the modern synthetic environment inflicts on us. It gives me a control over myself that I don't have in modern society