Thread: Hammock Carping

Hammock Carping

Hi all
    I managed to get out carp fishing this last weekend, on an invitation to a private syndicate lake near Paris. Absolutely fantastic place, very wild and secluded.
    Had a bit of trouble managing to get my hammock/tarp up, (I'd brought a carp bivvy and bedchair just in case), but with a little effort and a few guy rope I managed to rig my DD hammock up.
    Was lovely and warm in the new Snugpak underquilt, despite a light frost at dawn.

Anyway fishingwise I bagged a real lump of a carp at 44lb it was a real stunner.

My mate laugh at me using a hammock for carping... not the usual thing, but as we all know its so much more comfortable.

cheers
    Gareth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linear01.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	2722  
    Last edited by garethw; 26-10-2011 at 05:09 PM.

I often lay in my hammock carping, about the state of the country, the roads, the education system...oh i see

Nice fish !!
    [

thats one hell of a catch gareth

peace ken

Great fish! And an old wise one I bet good fishing
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

Quote Originally Posted by J_P View Post
    Great fish! And an old wise one I bet good fishing
    Yes I guess this fish was at least 25-30 years old. I was really pleased to catch a fish at this weight from this 100 acre plus lake.
    cheers
    Gareth

Tribesman
    44lb Carp....same size as the fish caught by the Ledgendary Dick Walker.
    Although his was a Common not a Leather.
    great fish, you must be chuffed.
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Yes indeed... Clarissa was the same weight.
    Yes I'm chuffed to bits (understatment), even if its not a personal best, its by far the prettiest carp I've banked, linears like this are quite rare.

cheers
    Gareth

like your style what a beautfull fish . down here in cornwall we have alot of "wild" pits, old mining quarrys that are like an inpenatrable fortress of foilage nothing better than hacking your way throu to fish for very very wild carp under a tarp

Hi there
    Some nice carp in Cornwell.. Whealgrey near Marazian has some nice fish. There used to be a small farm pond called Tindean near there too where I fished as a boy. We had them to over 10lb back in 1975.
    cheers
    Gareth

thanks buddy will check them out , apperently when e.e.c the mining company pull off the land they have to return the land to a wild habitat with a sustainable eco system , wich includes stocking the lakes with a small amount of fish some are miles to deep up to 100ft ! normally fish the ones that go to about 30ft maximum but theres well over 30 just around the st austell area.