Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DD tarp coverage?

Tramp

DD tarp coverage?

Hi All,

Ive been looking into getting myself a hammock and tarp and wondered if I may ask a question please?

As the length of DD's travel hammock is 2.7m, is 150mm at either end considered to be enough overhang when covered by their 3m x 3m tarp? We get some truly fierce horizontal rain in these parts (just below t'pennines) and it changes direction at the drop of a hat too. I suspect that even hanging the travel hammock below a 3.5m tarp would be pushing it somewhat but I'd rather not buy anything too big if someone can convince me that I wouldn't need it.

Regards

Alan

Tribal Elder
    i have that set up and have found that using the tart corner to corner diagonally gives best coverage in adverse weather, as for their quality i have no reservations,top notch and well priced! hope this helps
    best regards Al
    http://www.ddhammocks.com/tips/tarp-tutorial
    http://www.ddhammocks.com/gallery/tarp
    second link top right pic!!

hi mate iv got the dd travel and the dd tarp iv not been under the tarp in the wet yet but im shore there are people on here that have they do say that water can travel down the cords to the hammock not shore about the tarp if it hangs down may be 2 ft or so off the ground will be trying my set up in the garden on fri or sat.all so look on youtube

Tribal Elder
    water running down the cords is easily fixed if you use to carribiners or a shoe lace tied to the cords to allow run off
    http://www.ddhammocks.com/tips/modifications
    best regards Al

they say the shoe lace dont work coz the cord acts like a sponge so will still get in the hammock your right about the carribiners

Tribal Elder
    they have to be proper ones tho not the ali ones lol!!!!

yer i need a set of those and then will have a go at fixing them on my hammock

Tribal Elder

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    The 3m x 3m DD tarp will be fine with your Travel Hammock. Do the carabiner mod and you'll stay perfectly dry. Don't forget, 150mm is six inches which will be ample.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I'd think about getting the 3 x 4.5 metre tarp. You can always tuck under what you dont need but you can't add on what you havent got.