Thread: cheap sleeping bag for hammock?

cheap sleeping bag for hammock?

hi all,
    i recently did a practice camp in my backgarden to see if i woul be warm enough in my hammock as im going for a real expedition at the start of april. I had my dd frontline hammock, cheapo foam mat between the layers, wool blanket, then me on top in a highlander sleeping bag (no idea which model). well it wasnt too bad but i got a chill and kept waking up every few hours. this settup has been fine for me in summer, the only time i've used my hammock before. i've already decided to get another roll mat, a dutch army one, so i can chop up my old one and make a segmented roll mat with 'wings'. but i think i need a warmer sleeping bag. can anyone recommend me a sleeping bag for under £50 that will keep me warm in autumn and early spring?
    Atb
    Aaron.
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

Maybe add a reflective survival blanket (like this: http://www.survivalistchick.com/do-y...-solar-blanket ) to the very bottom of it, shiny side up, wool blanket on top to hold the heat, and go from there. A good bivy bag may make it more difficult to get into, but most add about +10C extra warmth to a sleeping bag's rating.

Hobo
    Man, that blanket is cool. Thanks for sharing, I wouldn't have thought about that. Always good to have one that adds some good warmth.
    User's signature not considered suitable.

I bought one of them car window screen things to keep ice of it has a siler side and worked really good at the Cornwall R.V. that is another option as they dont cost to much and can fit into a rucksack and are not heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    Maybe add a reflective survival blanket (like this: http://www.survivalistchick.com/do-y...-solar-blanket ) to the very bottom of it, shiny side up, wool blanket on top to hold the heat, and go from there. A good bivy bag may make it more difficult to get into, but most add about +10C extra warmth to a sleeping bag's rating.
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses