Thread: Nice Short Barrelled Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Nice Short Barrelled Rifle

Love the look of this short barrelled Rifle, would love to give a Rifle like that a go, wish it were legal to own something like that over here

Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

sweet

The rules on FAC rifles states
    any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30cm (11.8") in length or is less than 60cm (23.6") in length overall
    so by the look of that thing you should be OK. The biggest problem is finding the land and permission for you to use the rifle; and also showing "good reason to possess"
    It seems that more and more Authorities are showing reluctance to allow .22 Long rifle. They seem to prefer .17HMR type rifles - less chance of ricochets etc.
    If you are applying then it pays to include the request for a moderator at the same time.
    There seems to be a bit of interest in the so-called Scout Rifles. They are nice enough things but they do kick badly. I've used the Steyr and the Ruger and preferred the Steyr. The old SMLE No 5 is also a Scout rifle type of thing and that was developed long before Jeff Cooper came up with the idea - and mine kicked like a good 'un. You used to be able to one for as little as £12 years ago; almost wish that I'd held onto my one now.
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/