Thread: basha/tarp

basha/tarp

Hi guys i have just got a ex army basha/tarp and wanted to ask the best way to reproof it?

any help would be great

thanks Rich

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    What fabric is it made from?

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Wash off with some non bio detergent and then reproof with Fabsil or Nickwax. Alternatively you could was with Nickwax Techwash.

urmm not sure what it is made of it like waterproof pak a mac i suppose!

Sounds like some sort of silnylon then. Does it leak at the moment? I have the DD tarp and it just doesn't leak. If you pitch it correctly anyway, the water will run off and down the guy lines so no need to waterproof it.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

to be honest iv only just got it off ebay so not had it out in the rain to know if it leaks was just seeing what you guys thort,

mite be a daft question but is silnylon siliconed nylon? id guess your right ill have to get it pitched in the rain and give it a check

Quote Originally Posted by rich290185 View Post
    to be honest iv only just got it off ebay so not had it out in the rain to know if it leaks was just seeing what you guys thort,

mite be a daft question but is silnylon siliconed nylon? id guess your right ill have to get it pitched in the rain and give it a check
    Yup, nylon treated with a silicone coating which should make it waterproof. Of course, any holes in it will let through water but like I said, if it's pitched well the water should still just run off it.

Martin

thanks Martin