Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay attention!

Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftCambsUk View Post
    About the cull. It is just my humble oppinion but hasnt the world been here for billions of years even if it has only been here for 40,000 that is still a shed load longer than any of us will be here so to think WE know what is best is not only Stupid but deeply arrogant. Nature has a way of culling what and when it needs to so unless you have a family of 8 badgers living at the foot of your bed and biting your toes of i say leave them alone.
    But humanity is arrogant enough to think that nature must bend to our wishes. Mother nature will always win but it is a shame that mankind must destroy so much before we destroy ourselves.

Banned
    Sorry but this thinking of Nature as something sentient is wrong. All farming is unnatural anyway because the crops or animals are forced to produce more than required for the reproduction of the species snd we eat the surplus.

Nature is neutral and there is no Gaia to care if the earth is a fruitful green planet or a burnt out cinder. We collectively shape the future and the effects of our choices are all that will happen not some cosmic shrug of the shoulders to despatch us.

Apparently the cull should now be postponed because it will clash with the Olympics!

http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/Ba...ail/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Sorry but this thinking of Nature as something sentient is wrong. All farming is unnatural anyway because the crops or animals are forced to produce more than required for the reproduction of the species snd we eat the surplus.

Nature is neutral and there is no Gaia to care if the earth is a fruitful green planet or a burnt out cinder. We collectively shape the future and the effects of our choices are all that will happen not some cosmic shrug of the shoulders to despatch us.
    After some thought I will bite my tongue on this one as it is difficult to convey the meaning in written form without coming across in the wrong way (and I tried!) It is also prudent to respect individuals beliefs and their right to express them, as you express yours, but I do think you may have taken my post a little literally.
    Last edited by jus_young; 03-10-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    After some thought I will bite my tongue on this one as it is difficult to convey the meaning in written form without coming across in the wrong way (and I tried!) It is also prudent to respect individuals beliefs and their right to express them, as you express yours, but I do think you may have taken my post a little literally.
    Ok with you and Edwin in mind i will reply to this and the comment that prompted it.
    Edwin. I never said i believe in Gaia or that i thought nature is a higher power i did however say that weather the world has been around for a billion years or 40,000 humanity has only been here for a blink of an eye and to asume the we are so wise is amazing stupidity. The world survived without our interferance before and it would probably benefit from our taking a step back and not interfering all the time.
    Please dont think i am trying to attack you i mean no mallace.

Jus_young. I know what you are saying mate but the world is an abundance of nature resources enough for all human kind and then some. It is less about our impact on the planet and more about the people we put in charge being extremely greedy and the fact that we put so much value on something that is completely worthless (Money.) Basically guys it is all about striking a balance and not being greedy. I do believe the individual can make a difference after all we are all learning about bushcraft and sustainable living, that is alot of individuals redressing the balance

Mike
    Last edited by BushcraftCambsUk; 04-10-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Banned
    I neither believed I was being attacked nor was I attacking anybody. Cliche, but it is the curse of the Internet that we only have words not tone etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftCambsUk View Post
    Jus_young. I know what you are saying mate but the world is an abundance of nature resources enough for all human kind and then some. It is less about our impact on the planet and more about the people we put in charge being extremely greedy and the fact that we put so much value on something that is completely worthless (Money.) Basically guys it is all about striking a balance and not being greedy. I do believe the individual can make a difference after all we are all learning about bushcraft and sustainable living, that is alot of individuals redressing the balance

Mike
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I neither believed I was being attacked nor was I attacking anybody. Cliche, but it is the curse of the Internet that we only have words not tone etc.
    Your right about the curse of the internet, no attack intended. Looking forward meeting you at Daves, we could have some good debates between us

Glad that no one felt under attack but i thought better to put that in there and avoid any hurt feelings than not put it in and hack people off

As Edwin stated, and appears numerous times on other threads, conversation is hard with the written word and can be taken the wrong way. Normally you know all is well until the ******* swear words start appearing and THINGS GET WRITTEN IN CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!