Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Popcan stove.

Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Talking of age-related sales, my wife went to a nearby village to pick up our 17 yo son from the railway station today. Calling in at the local queue-uparative shop for fags, she thought it would be nice to buy me some beer whilst there. The operative however asked whether our son had any ID, as she believed the beer was being bought for him. He had no ID, so - no beer sale! Wife was so outraged that she ditched all items and stated in a loud clear voice that they had lost a valued customer - as she was not prepared to be refused fag sales in the future if she was with our 9 yo daughter.

I did explain to her the way the law comes down hard and removes licences and causes job losses with retailers, if they make errors of judgement. However - I still have no beer!!!.. sniff ...sniff...
    I had a friend who went into a shop and bought a knife sharpening whetstone and some flints for his zippo lighter. They wouldn't let him purchase the flints because he had no ID but they were happy to sell him the whetstone.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

bushcraftboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    It's great for washing your brushes after you've painted the window frames or skirting boards.

Martin
    Besides that, maybe I can somehow use it in a stove, as it's stays alight for ages, and is very hard to put out.