Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First trip out....

Thats what its all about. Can't wait to get out myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Thats what its all about. Can't wait to get out myself.
    Me neither mate! Sparked a long dormant flame in me too! It has also helped to cement the old father/son bond, which can't be a bad thing in this day and age; just because his old dad sometimes cuts the grass in his bath robe and rigger boots don't mean he aint no fun anymore!
    We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.

good to start kids of early in to camping like this in the woodlands looks good in your dd hammocks hope you two had a great time

Quote Originally Posted by landrovermatt View Post
    good to start kids of early in to camping like this in the woodlands looks good in your dd hammocks hope you two had a great time
    we had a scream mate and my son got to learn some basic skills and me too come to that!

Looks good Nat, really jealous.

I have a need to get out.... but being poor in time or poor in cash always seems to get in the way. I have an important date coming up in the next 2 months which i need to prepare for so it limits my 'play time'.

I'll be out and about overlooking Howden Reservoir this sunday having a recce at ground conditions as there is a charity walk up there in aid of our MR team on Oct 1st
    [

I have so much respect for you. So many fathers could give a hoot about their kids and here you spending hard earned time and money so show your love and care for him.
    mind over matter...if you don't mind...it doesn't matter

Only just spotted this thread!! Great pics bud, looks like a fantastic location! I love camping with the kids. Your lad will treasure trips like this and be telling his grand kids the stories too
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

looks like a great time was had by all love the camp set up cool pic

Quote Originally Posted by wescobts View Post
    I have so much respect for you. So many fathers could give a hoot about their kids and here you spending hard earned time and money so show your love and care for him.
    Thanks mate but it was something that I had to do as so many young lads don't have a clue about the outdoors and my son can't wait for some more adventures!

Nat

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillphil View Post
    Only just spotted this thread!! Great pics bud, looks like a fantastic location! I love camping with the kids. Your lad will treasure trips like this and be telling his grand kids the stories too
    Thanks mate, it was a great location but just not far enough off the beaten track(we were spotted by a gamekeeper on a quad early the next morning, not the best alarm clock!but he was ok just concerned that the fires were put out when we left)
    Yes hopefully he will treasure the memories and not just remember me for telling him to tidy his room!!

Nat