Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A year alone scenario

Solar powered / Wind-up mp3 player. With a mixture of music and spoken word on.
    Music can really help your mood I find.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

It would have to be the company of our lord Ray for a twelve month, four season, one to one tutorial.

Matt.
    It's not arson if it's your own stuff

1 luxury item, mmm, home brew kit, as for why, self explanatory really i think

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hathor View Post
    ...As for a genuine luxury item, I would take a small, wind up radio. It might go some way to alleviating the psychological issues of isolation and loneliness associated with a year alone.

Jon
    Yeah, I think that amount of isolation, not seeing a sole might play worst on the human-psyche than most might realise. Some people/personalities might deal with it better than others, but I'm sure it's one of those things that you won't truly know until you've actually been on your own for a long time. We're very social beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ...My luxury item would have to be a decent sleeping bag on the basis that if you have a good night's sleep, then everything seems more positive the next day. There's nothing worse than being constantly cold and tired..
    I'm with you there Martin, not sure if it is my item yet but it would certainly be on my shortlist!

Quote Originally Posted by That Sage View Post
    I would take my dog, because i get on well with her and never get annoyed or angry. She means the world to me and she would be the thing i'd miss most...
    She'll help if you get hungry too I'm only joking!

Quote Originally Posted by fatsnacka View Post
    to be honest i would have to take salt and pepper ,curry powder and spices you would get fed up of bland food i think
    That's at least 4 items you listed! - Your as bad as that lot I went camping with on Dartmoor lol
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It would have to be the company of our lord Ray for a twelve month, four season, one to one tutorial.

Matt.
    Not sure you'd have a snooker table though Matt. And, I'd probably go for Steve Davis rather than Ray Reardon

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Where does it say you can't take a human? I would take my wife for the company. As Maslow's hierarchy of needs [1] explains, once physiological needs and safety are satisfied, we will aspire to friendship and intimacy.

If it couldn't be a human, it would have to be a loyal and affectionate animal, like a good dog. I guess the friendship with an animal would have to do - no animal intimacy please.

I for one would welcome the chance to live without phones and TV and computers. Ironic since I program computers for a living and I actually really enjoy it.

I think i would take ammunition for the hunting rifle its not much use without.

If i'm not allowed a radio etc... I'd have to say Books. For 12 months I'd only need a few good books so i can read em again (memory problems). And a guitar so i could play loudly at last without the missus telling me off!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Albert Einstein

would need to be ma mp3.

tis a difficult one,just one item is a hard thing,maybe a spoon carving knife,my bible,tub of curry powder as stated would help the diet,a fishing kit sure would be handy too,boy this is a tough one! i guess entertainment, hope and a sense of not being alone would be an important thing so i guess my bible would be the 1 item i would take. i would love to be put in this position!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.