Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushcraft Military Dress Code

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Bushcraft Military Dress Code

Stumbled upon this on YouTube, which made me laugh (10secs in)... now I don't mind a bit of DPM but...

Oh deary, deary me.

Surplus gear is ok because its robust and cheap-ish, most of us will have something from a surplus supplier but he looks like hes in a war movie. However if he was going hunting .......and wearing 'real tree' as opposed to American Woodland would that make it different ?

I wear ex military gear and have camouflage stuff but only because it was the only colour that bargain basement item came in.
    [

Check out that knife at 8.20! This guy is great, eat your heart out Rambo!

That mursh is DANGEROUS,wots with that knife,you cant beet a man in DPM's & a Green beret,ye right,I'm well glad most of um live over the pond.Can you get you'r head round coming across somthing like him in the woods LoL and if you did he'd kill you.I'm so glad I live in this calm and plentant Land........BUT........DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS............TONY

Oooh...first I started to cringe 'cos I felt embarrased for him, then I started to laugh!

When it comes to self-defence tactics I'm sure you'll all agree too that a recurve bow and a quiver full of arrows is hard to improve on (on a night out perhaps - ideal!) Yoda-like in his infinite wisdom and thoughfulness, he plods around in his third-world army clothing and lashes his Blue Peter project target to a tree without quick release hitches (hope he's got good fingernails - or maybe he'll slash them loose with his scimitar survival knife with heavy blade?).

Thirty five going on nine!
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

loon......
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

Alone in the Wilderness
    do you recognise the music?......................thats right its the sound track to rambo first blood part 1 lol

Onward to part 2!! Can't wait for the "rifle training"!!! Lol, thanks for the laughs Ashley, I'm hooked. So much for knife work the next hour or so.

PS: LOVE his "survival knife"! I guess he isn't making a big fire because his parents told him to be back home for 10pm curfew.

This is great, about 2mins in, pulls out a kids 20lb recurve, and as hes about to close the trunk I see the orange muzzles of a couple airsoft guns! Lol, now, stop typing and go continue to watch!!!

Interesting; you do not meet guys like him in the Scandinavian wilderness (ok, you may actually be able to find a few in Finnland I guess). A guy walking around in the woods, wearing a semi military outfit like that, armed with a bow, would soon be picked up by the police here.
    We are very much used to hunters, even the occational (rare) bow hunter - but a guy looking like that, shooting a bow in a public forest! That would cause a lot of concern among the other forest guests, most likely causing them to call the police.

I don't really like mocking people, but it is really hard not to: A grown man, dressed up as a soldier (it would have been a lot less extreme, if he had lost the baret though), shooting a cheap glassfiber toy bow (we sell these at the store where I work), toting a huge "rambo knife".... Well, it is hard not to crack a wee smile. Though, if I actually met him in the wilderness, I would probably be a bit weary of him

I have seen a few of his other videos; apparently he really likes playing soldier. He has got a lot of diffrent weapons (both real and air-soft) and uniforms (he even poses in a complete special forces uniform, complete with insignia, in a few of the videos).

Are there a lot of "gung ho" bushcrafters like him in the US?