Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushcraft Military Dress Code

I just watched a few other videos, he even trains with his M14, wearing a gas mask!

I guess, if you post videos like these of yourself like this; wearing uniforms from military units you are not a part of, playing around with weapons, with movie soundtracks as background music - you are pretty much asking to be the laugh of the town.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    I think his ability becomes apparent when you watch his latest video, where he reviews an "awesome knife" which is $9.99 (£6) and is obviously just pure tat...

When it gets to this stage I don't mind shooting this chap down (as I categorise him in the same league as Bear Grylls) - someone who doesn't actually know their stuff although they try and act like they do and in doing so can mislead others into buying or doing the wrong thing, which could for example result in an inexperienced person buying a tool based on this guy's opinion and have it fail on them or worse take other advice and injure themselves
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Onward to part 2!! Can't wait for the "rifle training"!!! Lol, thanks for the laughs Ashley, I'm hooked. So much for knife work the next hour or so.

PS: LOVE his "survival knife"! I guess he isn't making a big fire because his parents told him to be back home for 10pm curfew.

I actually thought this guy was having a laugh a la the 'Fast Show' and "LETS OFF ROAD !" but he's serious isnt he ?
    [

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Jesus... they just get worse lol... I can't carry on watching. Kill me now
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

He doesn't actually review the knife. He just thinks it looks cool. I suspect this guy isn't playing with a full deck really.

I actually know these knives; they are wallhangers, not meant to be used. I have seen a guy break one, at a fleamarket, just by trying to unsheath it (not kidding).

I am not really a fan of Bear Grylls either, but putting him in the same category as "Action Man" here, is maybe a little harsh - though I do see what you are getting at. Bad advice is bad advice, no matter how you wrap it.

Am sure there are tonnes of numptys like this all over the US, and I KNOW there are some here in Canada, seen a few myself.

these guys videos are hilarious! it's a bit sad though, i sort of feel sorry for him...if he was doing it on purpous for laughs they'd probably be even funnier, i'm finding it hard to believe this guys serious..
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

My comments regarding the first video, he kept the fourth arrow in his quiver in case he got attacked and run over, that way he could kill himself with it to avoid a capture. And the reason for his building the small fire only is because his parents have a 10pm curfew......

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Are there a lot of "gung ho" bushcrafters like him in the US?
    There are quite a few people like this in the U.S., but most bushcrafters in the United States think people like this are insane and become frightened at the sight of these radicals. I know that there are definitely people like this in Canada too, especially in the Territories
    Best Wishes,
    James

"Do not look to the ground for you next step; Greatness lies with those who look to the horizon."