Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Carp Anglers on here?

I love France, and course fishing, im definatly not writing France or carp fishing off. Apparently the week before i arrived a 40lb carp had been caught!
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

Quote Originally Posted by RobbC View Post
    I love France, and course fishing, im definatly not writing France or carp fishing off. Apparently the week before i arrived a 40lb carp had been caught!
    Just out of interest, where did you go? I might know it!!
    cheers
    Gareth

Eh, good question. It was a lake in a campsite, and it was in the Loire Valley. Cant remember the name of the place, when i remember il tell you.
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

Quote Originally Posted by garethw View Post
    where you can be outdoors and just enjoy being in a fabulous place. A few big fish are the icing on the cake.
    Tight Lines
    Gareth
    You've just explained the whole philosophy of hunting and fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by garethw View Post
    .... I'd avoid these practices in Europe if you don't want to be shot, bowed, speared or dynamited yourself by a bunch of angry carp anglers... many guys are really get passionate about their fishing...
    well as a colonial, 'poaching' is acceptable, we even adopt songs about it to national anthem status (Waltzing matilda) the methods used in Australia mightn't be to taste, but I would love to come over and investigate their effectiveness on your game

However, I wouldn't want to offend the locals.
    Last edited by feebullet; 06-07-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    Bang on!

Feebullet, it's probably best we don't mention the emu cull in the 1920's when they used massed Lewis guns.

Quote Originally Posted by schooner View Post
    Feebullet, it's probably best we don't mention the emu cull in the 1920's when they used massed Lewis guns.
    Or how we hunt cane toads, foxes, rabbits, hares, deer, camels and everything else that was dumped here wisely... As if filling the place with crims and game animals was ever going to end any other way! LOL the scurge of society has not always sporting intentions, some of us hunt to eat. And when shooting carp, I get one with every cast!!!
    Bang on!

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Well, as you guys are no longer any good at cricket, rugby or swimming, I guess that you have to be good at something and shooting fish in a barrel is as good a sport as any to conquer the world.

Martin

PS, only joking we love our colonial siblings really.
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Don't worry, if we could have sent you all the carp and culled Germaine Greer instead of the other way round, we would have.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schooner View Post
    Don't worry, if we could have sent you all the carp and culled Germaine Greer instead of the other way round, we would have.
    I'd forgotten about her, were you trying to get your own back when you sent her over to us??

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.