Thread: First sighting of a trio of baby beavers in Knapdale

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Post First sighting of a trio of baby beavers in Knapdale

Video at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19113392

Three young beavers, known as kits, have been spotted for the first time in Knapdale Forest, Argyll and Bute.
    The trio of kits belong to a family who live in Dubh Loch. The local beaver population in the forest has been monitored by a project to assess the impact of beavers in the wild in Scotland.
    The Scottish beaver trial was established by the Scottish Wildlife Trust, the Royal Zoological Society and hosted by Forestry Commission Scotland.
    Footage: Scottish Beaver Trial
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Hussah for Beavers!!!!

Trapper
    Well apart from the obvious jokes along the lines of - one wet beaver is good but three...!

That's a great bit of news. Another animal for me to go and try to see along with the wild boar in dean forest.

Yay! Beavers are great. Hope they will start to introduce them throughout the UK.

Lots of controversy about their re-introduction.
    If you think about it, the UK was a lot less crowded when Beaver roamed the land. These days we've done all sorts of silly things like building on flood plains, diverting water courses etc. These measures will not be helped by Mrs and Mrs B setting up home.
    There's a lot of locals who are less than enchanted with the Beaver. I await the first reports of deaths from suspicious causes.

- and before anyone has a go, I'm in the "I'd love to see 'em" camp although I am less than happy about the RSPBs ideas to try and re-introduce Sea Eagles to East Anglia...
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Im with HB . I would love to see them make a go of it up here in Scotland but I have a feeling there will be one or two (and thats all it takes) who wont want them being here . All the best to the wee beasties.

Cheers
    AL