Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ray Mears - Outdoor Survival Handbook

My copy of this arrived this morning after ordering it for the second time from Amazon.I've just finished cherry picking my way through it and ill start again tomorrow cover to cover. Looks a great book

I've got the three books mentioned and like them all with Joe's having some nice humour about it. I'd *personally* like to see Ray's book given a makeover with some colour pictures rather than the b/w diagrams for instance. Just my thought.
    Last edited by Mang; 21-09-2011 at 05:41 AM.

with you there Mang....ace book tho took me a week to read (quick for me)

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    ... I'd *personally* like to see Ray's book given a makeover with some colour pictures rather than the b/w diagrams for instance. Just my thought.
    Likewise I would love to see the same! Having said that he has done subsequent books that are full of colour photography and arguably include more, that's not to say I still wouldn't love to see this book re-done!
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

bushcraftboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    This is one of my favourite books, I would say one of the most inspiring books I read as a youngster and got me enthused with Bushcraft.

I love the book so much I recently bought a new signed copy and gave it away as a free prize on NaturalBushcraft Anyone else read this one?
    I think I'll buy it, on my birth day I'm getting this and Ray Mears Bushcraft Survival 1 - 3 seasons.

I can't wait to get it.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bushcraftboy View Post
    I think I'll buy it, on my birth day I'm getting this and Ray Mears Bushcraft Survival 1 - 3 seasons.
    I can't wait to get it.
    You can buy this book here.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Just got Rays book bushcraft survival hardback, used for £6.50.
    Not had chance to read, but flicked through pages and looks like another good read.

This book was one of the first that i bought and it is a dimond. It has now been passed on to my baby brother who is 11 and is really starting to love his bushcraft.
    Just goes to show how well put together the book is that an 11 year old can read, understand and put the things from the book into practice.

Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftCambsUk View Post
    This book was one of the first that i bought and it is a dimond. It has now been passed on to my baby brother who is 11 and is really starting to love his bushcraft.
    Just goes to show how well put together the book is that an 11 year old can read, understand and put the things from the book into practice.
    Kids are scary these days in what they can pick up and do. I used to find it most annoying when I sat at the computer trying to prepare presentations for training courses with my 10 year old daughter laughing at me saying 'I can do that for you if you want dad' !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    This is one of my favourite books, I would say one of the most inspiring books I read as a youngster and got me enthused with Bushcraft.

I love the book so much I recently bought a new signed copy and gave it away as a free prize on NaturalBushcraft Anyone else read this one? If you would like to buy a copy you can get it here.
    Have to agree it's a cracking book, he also has one which was out before this one but they are like hen's teeth, luckily I have that as well. When I was finding my way in the woods the S.A.S survival handbook by Lofty Wiseman was my bible until Ray came on the scene, it was probably the best Christmas present Santa brought me.
    Learn a little, Enjoy a lot.

http://buzzardbushcraft.blogspot.com/