Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's in a Shotgun Cartridge?

LOL, that shot reminds me of a Labrador we had when I was a kid. She would freak out at the sight of a fox skin. I imagine it would be like visiting someone and seeing a human skin hanging on a nail. If she was ever being unruly we would get the fox skin out and she would behave.

"Sniff it... is it a dog?"

"Yup, smells like a dog..."

Mac

I use eley high flyers but for clays mole valley
    bacon on the fire

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LandRoverMatt View Post
    I use eley high flyers but for clays mole valley
    lyvale are a great, cheaper alternative and i believe they are made by eley anyway. the 30g, 6s will stop most vermin instantly. anyone tried out those "tracer cartridges" yet? bit pricey tho.

All "tracer" cartridges are damaging to gun barrels so I'd be a bit wary about stuffing them down a shotgun - remember tracer works two ways
    Last edited by happybonzo; 02-01-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: fat finger typing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    All "tracer" cartridges are damaging to gun barrels so I'd be a bit wary about stuffing them down a shotgun - remember tracer works two ways
    i havent tried em and if the price of them in my local gun shop is anything to go by (£20) for a box of 25, i wont be trying them. be an expensive rabbit shot with them. is your dog a blue healer happybonzo?? ive been looking to get a healer for years now but when i last searched the internet the nearest pups i could find were in germany. the quarantine laws changed now so going to germany for a dog is more appealing to me now.

Hi Guys just on Tracer is it inly damaging for shoot guns? As we used a hell of a lot of tracer in the Army
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    Hi Guys just on Tracer is it inly damaging for shoot guns? As we used a hell of a lot of tracer in the Army
    proper guns, wouldnt know about proper guns.

A happy new year to one and all on the forumWight that bites over, now for the important bit,Slugs in shotguns in this country are not legal unless you have a firearms licence,even if you,v got one in you,re gun safe when plod comes round to check wear you keep you'r gun and cartridge'is you'll get nicked and you'r licence will be taken away from you.......is it worth it? If you are going to use em make shore you ave a Gun with no choke.When I use em in an old single I ad I cut off 3in of the barrel,that was to fire a slug,I never used them cutters.If you are willing to take a chance ave a go but not with you'r pride and joy get an old single from somewair,I evon ad an old arf amer Bakal I cut down to 241/4 in for over spread for close bunny huntting.Be careful and good untting.......................DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS................or court by old BILL..................TONY.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardbiz View Post
    is your dog a blue healer happybonzo?? ive been looking to get a healer for years now but when i last searched the internet the nearest pups i could find were in germany. the quarantine laws changed now so going to germany for a dog is more appealing to me now.
    Google is your friend Australian Cattle Dog Society Great Britain LINKY

PM sent
    Only my dog can judge me

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    Yes, it tears up the bores but then we never had to pay for new barrels
    Only my dog can judge me