Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alien big cats

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Post Caracal Report

An interesting comment was just left on the Natural Bushcraft article UK Big Cats - Local Sightings in Cornwall link: http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/wi...-cornwall.html ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Day
    Over near Rumford/St Issey [Cornwall, UK] we have had a calf attacked in the night, with deep scratches on both sides of the animal, a large bite of the head of the calf's tail, then a bite to the side of the neck. It has been confirmed by our local vets as a big cat attack. The night before in Tredinnick, a goat was attacked again with a major bite to the side of it's neck. I reckon someone's exotic Caracal escaped sometime. People are getting scared with Creally Park being between the two attacks.
    This made me search for Caracal and I stumbled across this wonderful clip:

Man I wish I had more time on my hands to go hunting big-cats with my cameras! These reports of big-cats are either side of where I live, within a mile radius.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Caracal Explosive Jump - Major Hops - 10 Feet High

I was out once in the woods around the Barnstaple area and came across what I believe were wolf prints these were about the same size as my feet and I am size 9, however the bizarre thing here was that there were only 2 tracks side by side not made by a four legged creature. Any ideas...?

Quote Originally Posted by Savagewolfrm View Post
    I was out once in the woods around the Barnstaple area and came across what I believe were wolf prints these were about the same size as my feet and I am size 9, however the bizarre thing here was that there were only 2 tracks side by side not made by a four legged creature. Any ideas...?
    Its those night stalkers migrating from Ilfracombe. Most of the prey has been had there already so they are having to go farther afield now. Happy Bonzo knows all about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagewolfrm View Post
    If you get a dog paw print in mud it seems to expand to at least twice the original paw size

More likely some one from Ilfracombe though
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

There is alot of knuckle dragging in the ilfracombe area so I guess that would go with the animal tracks lol

I fit in quite well then. I wondered why the wife kept telling me I needed a shave...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swkieran View Post
    yep i have metal mug ,looked like a panther to me i didnt really have a chance to see it properly,only way i could describe it was like a greyhound only more squat and longer and it slinked when it ran,that was like 5 years ago now and it was out south brent way,it was one of those moments you wish you a had a camera on you lol.im not the only one to see them out that way,i do beleive there are big cats out on the moor and surronding countryside ,i think theyve been bought over illegally and got to much and people have released them,good luck in youre quest m8
    cool

There is a good page http://www.bear-tracker.com/caninevsfeline.html on the difference between cat and dog tracks.